Monday, December 13, 2010

Today's Appointment

  Did not start the day well.  I had my alarm set and it didn't go off (had it set for pm instead of am -_-) so we were running a bit later than we had hoped.  Even picking up his mom, though, we made it there a bit early.  So that was good.  I got through about 10 pages of "Midsummer Night's Dream" when they paged me to say he was done.  Well . . .  the procedure was done, but he was way more doped up than I'd ever seen him.  Soon as we (his mom and myself) got in there he wanted his milk.  Got a bit of a scare when he started drooling and almost choked on it.  I helped him get his shirt on before the Dr. came to talk to us.  Everything looked like he expected it to.  A bit of food but otherwise healthy.  He's going to email the surgeon and see what he can do about getting the next appointment sooner and wants Aaron to call tomorrow to do the same.  "Get him from both sides" he said.  Aaron was in and out of sleep so many times and when he was awake he was hardly coherent.  I know, he was anesthetised, I'm setting up for some of the funny bits.  The first bit is that the one thing he did say clear as a bell.  The nurse came in to remove his IV and told him that she was going to have to remove the tape and that they had put a lot of tape on there.  He says "It's okay.  I do monster makeup so I'm used to having my hair ripped out."  :-)  As I'm wheeling him to the elevators his mom goes to press the button and out shoots his arm, finger pointed, wanting to press it himself.  So I rolled him closer and he got it on the third try. 
  The whole way to dropping his mom off he's still floating in and out of consiousness.  He became quite angry a few times.  Usually when I'd try to help him with something, sometimes when he woke up and realized he had fallen asleep again.  Once when he was trying to ask me questions insisting that he wasn't mumbling.  My honey is quite pissy when he's dopey.  That's okay, though.  I'm sure it was very disorienting for him.  I know it is, in fact.  We dropped his mom off and he told his mom to let his sister know how it went and then as I'm leaving the neighborhood he fell asleep again.  Two minutes after getting on the highway he woke up, turned to tell his mom something and freaked out because she wasn't there.  Then he looked at me like I did something to her and asked where she was and what happened.  From there he tried to write out a text and still hadn't finished by the time we got to Walgreens.  A good 15 minutes later.  He showed it to me and all of the letters were there . . . . just not all in the right order and there were no spaces.  Not too bad.
  He kept looking at his bandage like he couldn't even remember getting the IV out.  He was pretty well wide awake by the time we got home.  He's asleep now.  I'm going through the video of the room.  My mom was acting a bit off this weekend so I set up the webcam to record while we were away.  Just in case.  30 minutes in and so far it's the most boring video ever.  Which is good.  It better stay that way.
  Elvis was thankfully asleep when we got here.  He had a rough weekend.  Two seizures.  Or what I assume were seizures.  He jerked his head backwards, yelped and then went totally limp.  About 30 seconds later he came to and was thirsty.  Or . . . he drank the water we gave him.  That was on Saturday.  Yesterday he was fine and so far so good today.  The video has audio so if something happened while we were away I'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!