Sunday, September 18, 2016

Julep: Genevieve

Hello, all you beautiful people. Working my way through all of these Juleps. lol Today I have Genevieve, which could have been a one-coater, but I used two for pictures.



Not a particularly interesting polish, but a solid one. Genevieve applied easily and dried fairly quickly. I have to say I've been pretty impressed with their formula lately. Yes, I do have some bubbling there, but I suspect that's because I'm nearing the end of my bottle of ridge filler basecoat. *sad face* I did do an accent marble with Genevieve and Julep Acacia.



Those two actually played really nicely together. I almost did more nails, but... I can't remember. It may have been getting late.

For those of you interested I have up to Part 6 of "The Fallout Saga" typed up and ready. Polish-wise I have Color Club Cash Only plus a water marble (that could have been better; stupid bubbling) and a very pretty Julep holo complete with comparison. I'm not going to say definitively that I'm "getting back into the swing of things", but overall I think I'm doing better. I do have some fairly stressful 'adulty' things coming up, but hopefully those won't be too traumatic. *fingers crossed* Y'all take care out there and I'll see you soon! (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. Water-marble is something that i have attempted doing once and my polish didn't even wanted to spread out - brand new polish. So i'm just not going to go that route again. I like that shade prefect for winter. Today i can see that at last i'm having some sunshine so i think that i can start wearing some more pastels again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some polishes just don't want to, you have to experiment! lol Also using bottled or filtered water can make a huge difference. I can't use the tap water here because it's too hard.

      Hurray for sunshine!

      Delete
  2. Genevieve is a gorgeous fall color and your water marble looks awesome.
    Hmmm... I really have to try that again myself soon.
    I wonder if holo's can be convinced to play nice in a cup with water ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can, actually! I've done one with some A England holos before. ;) Also Color Club, I think.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!