Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Hard Day

I know it's been a while. I just wanted to let y'all know why. For the past week we've had three sick cats. Some sort of respiratory thing. Our oldest, Onyx, fought through it; the other two are taking longer but making progress. Unfortunately yesterday Onyx's age caught up with her. She's been steadily losing weight for a couple of months and all of a sudden yesterday she had problems pooping and her legs got wobbly. I tried to pick her up and she started whimpering. This morning I made the difficult decision to take her to the vet and have her put to sleep. She made it to the ripe, old age of seventeen, but that didn't make it any easier. I'm talked out, cried out and exhausted... I will come back to blogging at some point, but for now I'm going to take some time off for myself. If you're interested I put up a memorial page for my baby.

Thank you, everybody, for your support and friendship over the years. I know that sounds like "good bye", but I will come back. Y'all take care of yourselves and if you have any furbabies go give 'em a hug for me.

4 comments:

  1. Massive Hugs. I'm so sorry for the loss of your family member. We know our fur babies will most likely not outlive us, but it doesn't make losing one easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is the absolute worst part. We go into it knowing we'll outlive our furry children, but... we still give them all the loves.

      Delete
  2. Oh Lizzy, I'm so sorry. Just want to let you know I'm thinking of you and Aaron. Please take all the time you need, we'll be here when you return. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie. *HUGS* At this point it's more a lack of time than desire which I do feel a little guilty about, but... I dunno... I tend to pre-mourn (when I was a kid I cried for my dog JoJo for 3 years before he did eventually pass) because I know I'm going to have to be strong for other people? So it's not that I get over it quickly, just that it doesn't hit me all at once. Or something. It makes sense in my head. It's still hitting me randomly, but I know if I don't get back to blogging there's a good chance I never will and it is something I enjoy doing so I don't want that to happen.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!