Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Revlon: Balsam Fir & China Glaze: Jade-D

Hello, lovelies. Still working on that shoulder, but if I sit a bit closer to the keyboard it's not so bad... Anyway, today I have my first Revlon Parfumerie polish to share with you! Gifted to me by a very special friend; I present Balsam Fir!



*swoons* Isn't that lovely? I've read mixed reviews about the consistency of the Parfumerie polishes (adding scent sometimes does wonky things to polish), but I didn't have any problems at all with Balsam Fir. Two coats, applied easily (almost no clean-up!) and dried pretty quickly. The scent itself is a bit hard to place. It's kind of piney? I guess like pine-scented perfume? *shrugs* Anyway, gorgeous color - gorgeous formula.

Balsam Fir also happened to make a great base for the fourth and final China Glaze glitter crackle: Jade-D!



Uhm.... *moves into the shade*



There we are. Sparkly olive green glitter crackle goodness. I would have really liked a more emerald green, but... this is pretty, too. I think there's something about the glitter crackles, because Jade-D also needed quite a bit of thinner. Which, if you haven't gotten the email, Julep is releasing a polish thinner this month! I hope it comes in the maven box or, at least, isn't too expensive to add on. I'm almost out...

So, next post should be a super fun combination. Only two more ChG crackles to go! Thank goodness. lol I love 'em, but I think I've had enough for a while. I ordered some fresh hair dye from amazon so there's that to look forward to. Yep, finally moving away from the purple. I love it, but... it's been too long. Also I have to renew my driver's license this year. *sigh* The sadness. I won't be going too boring, but even after a while blue and purple get kind of boring, too, so... yeah. Hair adventures incoming. I guess I should quit stalling and try to dress myself. Time doesn't stand still just because my arm hurts. Y'all take care out there and I'll see you soon! (^_^)"/"

2 comments:

  1. Balsam Fir looks awesome! That is definitely my kind of green (even though I could probably do without the scent). I love the combo of green and gold but that glitter crackle doesn't really do it for me. I guess I'm still too boring for that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not really my favorite either. The glitter crackles work much better when the glitters are closer together.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!