Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sinful Colors: Aced Out & China Glaze: Cracked Medallion

Hello, dolls! Back from dropping my dad back off in Dallas so he can get back on the road. *sigh* Ah well... routine resumed.

So we're starting with a Sinful Colors from... crud... *runs to google* Play Your Cards Right (I'm going to forget that by the next one...) collection: Aced Out!



Two coats, fairly quick dry time. Aced Out is a gorgeous dark smokey grey with some rainbow of shimmer. Not, like, holo or anything. Just a really pretty shimmer.



I feel like it's looking matte, but it really isn't. You can kind of see the shine better in the shade:



I really like this one. *thumbs up*

But wait! There's more! The amazing KarenD found some obscure OPI shatter polishes which got me all excited for crackle. So I decided to dig through my China Glaze drawer for my collection of ChG crackles (which you can see on my Instagram here) and since none of them are dried out or weird... I'm going to go through them all again!

Once again I present China Glaze Cracked Medallion!



Huzzah! Fancy. I love crackle polishes. Such a quick and easy way to change things up without having to take everything off and start from scratch. Fourteen more to come!

Welp, that's it for me. Trip was much longer than it should have been and I'm beat. Y'all take care out there! (^_^)"/"

9 comments:

  1. Aced Out looks gorgeous! I'm still on the fence about shatters. I have a few, I've even used them but I've never been able to get them to crack like you did. Maybe my coats were just too thin... hmmmm, I might be onto something here, I better start to investigate soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Yeah, actually cracking is kind of the central point... I know I had some a long time ago that I had to apply over partially wet polish. That was, like, 20 years ago, though... I did have one that had gotten thick and wouldn't crack at first. I added some polish thinner and that fixed it.

      Generally thinner coats will give you a lot of thin cracks; thicker coats will give you fewer thick cracks. So it should work either way. Try polish thinner if you have any and get back to me! We'll figure this out.

      Delete
    2. Have you tried painting your nails, then putting a quick dry top coat over it and once that's dry painting the crackle on? I find that's what works best for me.

      Delete
    3. Haven't tried that yet. I'll remember it though, thanks for the tip!!

      Delete
  2. I don't get why some people hate crackles so much - they're cool beans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's self-contained nail art!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh love this subtle combo, very glammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^ It's one of my favorites.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!