Friday, April 22, 2016

Models Own: Duck & Color Club: Oh Boy!

Yes, I'm late again. Took a nap earlier and then I got stuck in Fallout... Look what I did!



There's a co-op on the westish side of the map. I'm turning it into a Yao Guai (think zombie bear) preserve (yes, really) and decided to play around and turn one of the cabins into a "party room". New survival mode should be updating soon so this is all mostly just practice, research and brainstorming because I will be starting over once that launches.

Anywho, got some pretty pretty preciouses from my darling Norma, so let's get to that, shall we?

Up first, two coats of Models Own Duck over SC Why Not:



I absolutely love the glitter in this! It pops really nicely against the bright blue while also achieving that look of depth you get with the opacity of the polish partially covering the glitters underneath. Fantastic. I'm going to hold off on Magpie (you know I love my greens) for a day when I really need a pick-me-up.

Similarly, but also in stark contrast, Color Club's Oh Boy! is way more sheer. A fact that is quite obvious on the brush so I'm glad I layered it over essence BBC Chasing Waves:



Similar because of the black glitters, though Oh Boy! does have a wider variety of glitter sizes; also white glitters. Very fun. I really like black and/or matte glitters. Edgy. *nods*

So. Yes. I had some difficulty deciding on a polish so next I have a Sinful Colors and a glitter. Then I'll get back to my queue because I'm super curious about the S-he Stylezone polishes that gin sent. Hope everyone is staying warm and dry. I've heard rumors of cold/wet weather all over the place. Y'all take care and I'll see ya soon! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. these look amazing <3 and i still have a few s-hes left over for ya - always on the hunt for some weird european brands :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! So exciting! ^_^ I've got a couple of jobs coming up so *fingers crossed* we can swap again soon!

      Delete
  2. Duck is so pretty!! I think the glitters in Oh Boy are a bit too large for my toddler sized nails, but I like it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw your nails aren't that tiny! lol The glitters are pretty big, but I think I have some that are bigger. Hrm... going to have to investigate this.

      Delete
    2. I only have one polish with bigger glitters in it, the OPI one with the huge iridescent circle glitter (I Snow You Love Me), but I don't use that one to paint with. Instead I pick out the glitters with a toothpick and stick them on my nails like studs. Looks way nicer ;)

      Delete
    3. That's a cool idea! I have a couple I should do that with. Really fun glitters I just can't get out of the bottle. -_-

      Delete
  3. These look so much better on you than they did on me! Especially Duck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *pfft* pictures or it didn't happen. ;) LOL Seriously, thank you SO much!! <3

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh I love these, I love these, I LOVE THESE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *dances* I think Models Own really nailed it. I like this better than the Hard Candy ones.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!