Monday, March 7, 2016

Sally Hansen: Smoky & Color Club: Go-Go Green

Hello, all. Another twofer! Also a bit of an 'oops' so feel free to have a giggle at my expense...

So, background: I chose Marley initially as a base for Smoky... but I took the pictures second and didn't realize I had smudged the lens... You can still see, though, right?



*ahem* I added the white Kitty stamp so you could see the difference in layers. Left-to-right is none to four layers of Smoky.... yeah.

Unfortunately Marley didn't make quite the stunning base for Go-Go Green that I had hoped.



I looked at it and immediately thought that Go-Go Green would look better over a darker base.



Definitely much better over Serenity. *nods*

Hopefully next I'll have some pictures from the exhibit. If not then you'll get to see Julep Pisces! If so, then Pisces will come after. No big deal. It's pretty, but I still don't get it. Anyway, hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I'll see ya soon! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right, Go-Go Green looks great over Serenity :)
    I'm pretty impressed you managed to do an ombre with that smoky topper. I have a similar polish by Catrice that is SO streaky I haven't been able to do anything with it except hide it in a dark and gloomy place, never to see daylight again :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of hard to see, but Smoky was a little streaky on the first two coats. :/ I don't know how you are at applying, but I tend to lean towards fairly thick coats... a habit I've had the hardest time breaking. If you do thinner coats then maybe thicker ones would help?

      Delete
  2. I actually really like the taupe as a base, it's an unconventional base but it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! ^_^ Definitely unconventional. lol

      Delete
  3. Lol, kinda like Marley as a base for that glitter as well! It's a nice subtle spring-y combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kinda spring-y! I didn't think of that. :3

      Delete

I love hearing from you!