Friday, March 18, 2016

Julep: Monique

Hello, all. So today we're starting off Julep's most recent foray into chrome-making with Monique.



Looks okay, right? I'm not shy about my love of chromes, but... *sigh* Three coats for mostly opaque and an extended dry time thanks to a thicker-than-necessary formula doesn't scream "CHROME" to me.



I didn't have too much trouble with Monique, but I do have several chromes in my collection that are much better. That said, Sage and Charlene (haven't tried Skylar yet) do have a special surprise that make up for their not-quite-chrominess. You'll have to wait for that, though. ;)

Up next I have some pretty cool essence nail art, then Sage and Charlene. Have to spread these things out, you know. Then, since I'm kind of on a roll (or stuck in a rut) more essence nail art. Oh! I almost forgot! Julep released Aries:



I definitely see the sign connection with this one. I'll get it just as soon as this SB cashout goes through. *thumbs up* I also have some more gorgeous ILNP ultra-chromes on the way. Yep, I'm a terrible polish hoarder and I should be stopped.... but not today! hehehe Y'all take care out there. Love you guys! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. I love this white. I think I may need to re sign up as a Maven. I need that red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why I've hung around. They're not always great, and kinda pricey, but sometimes they have cool stuff.

      Delete
  2. I like it, but three coats is too much! Not chrome-y enough for me... But It would make an awesome base for nail art, you should stamp over it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three coats is definitely too much for just "okay". I did try some stamping, but it didn't quite work out... :'(

      Delete
  3. Monique doesn't look bad but a chrome? In their dreams!!

    Oohh... Aries looks like a perfect fit to the sign. Can't wait to see your swatches :)

    *slaps hands over monitor just in case hubby is walking past* BLASPHEMY! You should never stop a polish hoarder! In fact, polish hoarding isn't a bad thing at all!! I mean: a bottle doesn't take up much space so you can hoard into the thousands before it becomes even barely noticeable and it offers endless present options for any occasion... what more do you want? Stop it? Never! Encourage it! Treasure it!!!
    *looks around to see if people are bringing out straightjackets and sedatives already*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I try not to tell hubz how many I actually have (over 1000), but they really don't take up *that* much space... all confined to my little corner. And it never really goes bad, so I'll have them forever! <3

      Delete

I love hearing from you!