Thursday, February 4, 2016

Essie: Hip-Tide & Sinful Colors: Pink Ansen

You'd think I'd be knocking down the number of untrieds I have sitting out, but... it just isn't working that way. Between sales and cheapies and a massive amazon binge... they're adding up again. *oops* So today we're doing one that's been sitting around forever and pairing that with a recent glitter... because I just can't seem to stop buying glitter polishes.

First up! Three coats of essie Hip-Tide. Three coats for opacity, but since Hip-Tide is a matte it did dry very quickly.



It does look like I have a bit of VNL/PDL going on in that picture, but it wasn't as noticeable in real life. Definitely looks better in the shade.



Hip-Tide has this nice pink shimmer that you could bring out more with clear topcoat. You'll notice it more peeking out from under the glitter.



Can you see it? Also... do you see it?! Pink Ansen, to me, has some weird yellow splotchiness in it?



I don't know what that's all about. This is one coat, plus topcoat. I can't say I'm a huge fan, but... maybe I'll figure out something to do with it.

Up next I will have Brenna - another glow-in-the-dark offering from Julep. I'm about to throw this Manic Panic Deep Purple Dream {---link to the Pinterest page} on my hair and figure out which polish is going to have the distinction of moving to the front of the line. I have some ideas, but I want to see how the hair turns out. New colors! Keep an eye on my Instagram @scorpiolizzy for first peeks at that. Okay, shower time! Y'all take care out there and I'll see you around! (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. A lot of times when I swatch sheer colors they actually look good on camera but in real life they are weird and patchy (VNL included), so kind of opposite of what's happening with yours lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so weird! I almost always have the opposite problem. It's so frustrating.

      Delete
  2. Hip-Tide looks really pretty but that Sinful one... weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird! I have no idea what is going on with it...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!