Thursday, January 21, 2016

Matt's Mani

Today I have something very exciting to share. ^_^ One of the absolute best parts about being "the crazy polish chick" is when the less crazy send me pictures of their nails. It makes me so happy when someone thinks of me while doing their own nails. I was absolutely delighted to receive this image the other night:



My awesome friend, Matt, decided to do his nails and share his progress with me. Not only that, knowing how psycho I am about polish, he sent me a pic of the ones he used!!



LA Colors Tropical Storm, Wet n Wild Night Prowl, Spoiled Pirate's Booty and LA Colors Sparkling Diamonds. Here's his finished manicure:





Isn't that gorgeous! I got really excited since I have Night Prowl and decided to dig around to see what I have similar to the rest...



Sally Hansen Gunmetal, Wet n Wild Night Prowl, Sephora by OPI It's Real 18k Gold Topcoat and Milani Silver.

So, I didn't have his final pics as I dove headfirst into "recreating" his gorgeousness. I (wrongly) assumed he was going to do all of his nails like his thumb and he said he "normally alternates matte and shiny topcoat" so... that's what I did.



*thumbs up* Very happy and super excited to do this. It's little things like this that really make the insanity worthwhile. Thank you, Matt, for sharing with me. You're the best. :)

I know I said I was going to do Aquarius next, but... the mailman came late and I didn't feel like schlepping out to the mailbox. I do have Norma's pictures ready for the next post and two polishes in mind for comparison. According to Norma we have nothing like it (from how she described it I thought maybe My Little Glacier, but she says "no") so I've picked two that I feel might be closest. That being one of them. lol Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this post and that everyone is having a great week. I love you guys and can't wait to share Julep's zodiac themed polish(es - I feel like I might get them all) with you! (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. So cool!! I love how your nails are kind of the middle between Matt's left and right hand, oh, and your matte nails look awesome :)
    (I really should do more with all the glitter polishes that are just patiently waiting for me to notice them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I have so many glitters now... I'm always hesitant because of how difficult they are to remove, but... they're so pretty... *sigh* Definitely a commitment. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!