Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Essence: Indian Summer & Julep: Elsa

Just a little late today. That's okay, though, because I come bearing a twofer! Starting with two coats of essence Indian Summer:



Perfect creamy formula, dried quickly. Indian Summer is a vibrant orange peachy coral type color. Yeah. One of those. hehe



Very fun color if not exceptionally special otherwise. You will be seeing this one again soon.

Up next is Julep's Elsa which is a bit more interesting:



More interesting than that picture would suggest... I looked up some swatches online and started with a basic french of essence Cotton Candy and Yves Rocher Le Blanc and then added two coats of Elsa. I don't know how much this layering affected the texture, but there was some texture after any settling that may (or may not) have occurred.



That's a little better. Elsa is a sheer white base with these icy iridescent flakies that create a mild texture. Like ice/snow and, I assume, that movie Frozen. Which I haven't seen. Pure speculation on my part. Elsa is pretty, but I feel like there's some untapped potential here that I'm missing. Since the french base didn't muck it up too badly I think she deserves some experimentations to see if we can bring out that iridescence a bit more. As it is this seems... flat. I'm open to suggestions since black, pastel pink and pastel blue are kind of my go-tos and... meh...

So next post will have some bornprettystore goodies I'm excited to share. Seriously, who doesn't love that site for nail art goodies? lol For now it's time to go make dinner. Yay. Hope everyone is having a fantastic month. Just a few more days 'til February. Yay. Y'all take care out there. (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about Elsa, but maybe sponging a gradient with it over mint or something, would work?
    Indian Summer is beautiful, it gives me summer feels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that's a good idea! I wrote it down. ^_^ Indian Summer is definitely a bright summer color.

      Delete
  2. Indian Summer? Yes please! Or any kind of summer really ;)
    Elsa? Mmmm... I won't judge until you've put her through some more tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I feel like there's so much prettiness, it's just a matter of bringing it out....

      Delete
  3. I do love the essence range and the Indian Summer jip, i got her in my kit, have recently bought some other colours as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! :D Essence is one of my absolute favorite brands.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!