Tuesday, December 1, 2015

#SBBNailChallenge - 15 - Galaxies

Hello all of you beautiful peoples. I'm back with another #SBBNailChallenge post! This one was a little difficult to photograph since it has so much going on... hopefully you can tell what it is.

Challenge #15: Galaxies!



I knew I wasn't going to be able to do the fancy kind of galaxy nails, so I was pretty excited when my Bruton Mews & Melody combination laid out a decent base all on their own. I added a couple of extra "star" dots with A England Morgan Le Fay then did some sponging (followed by plain painting because the sponging was far too subtle) with Julep's metamorphic toppers Tyra and Björk. Ya know, to create that "ooooh, pretty nebula" kind of effect.



I've seen prettier galaxy nails with, like, the milky way and quasars and such, but... I'm happy with it.



Ka-chick! I think I'm going to do "Inspired by a favorite piece of clothing" next and I feel like absolutely nobody will be surprised that I have this shirt.... XD

Next, though, I'm going to have pics of Julep Cheyenne and Kerry. It's still overcast and miserable so only one pic of each. *ggrrr* That will finish off my Juleps until December's box gets here. Yay! Also, at some point, I'm going to do a *ahem* clothing review? Yep. It's gonna be a thing. A hilarious thing, if I do it right, so there's that to look forward to. Hope everybody is staying warm and dry out there. Y'all take care and stay safe! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. O M G... Lizzy!!! *squeaks with excitement*
    This is gorgeous!!! *squeaks some more*
    I'm still kind of intimidated by galaxy nails but I'm going to try them during my end-of-the-year break... an entire week of doing absolutely nothing but fun stuff!! *squeaking becomes annoying now*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BWAHAHAHAHA! *blushes* Thank you. ^_^ My only advice is to find a tutorial you like and incorporate something you know you can do. I find it easier to attack intimidating nail arts by breaking them down a little first. Hence the dotted on stars instead of using acrylic paint and smudging in a whole galaxy. You can do it!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I can't do Galaxy nails tried few times and didn't work. This is pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can. Just simplify the design like I did! ^_^

      Delete
  3. I saw quite a couple of galaxy nail art pics and they look so difficult to achieve. But i will take the time when things have calmed down then i will do mani that take more time. Anyway i've started today with my first mani from this list no 35. If you want to have a look you are welcome to have a look at: http://leahbeauty.blogspot.com/2015/12/ssbnailchallenge-purple.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It really is a fun challenge. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh, pretty! I might have to do a challenge soon to reignite my blogging mojo.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!