Thursday, December 10, 2015

Odds & Ends

Hello, darlings! I should probably call this "Odds & Ends 2" since I'm fairly certain I have another post titled that from a few years ago, but... who's keeping track of these things, anyway? I'm not. So let's get on with it, shall we?

As I mentioned before, I've been wearing China Glaze Full Spectrum. Am still wearing it, actually. I'm so lazy.



Two coats over black. It's nice....... but I'm still bothered by the same thing that bothered me before........



The out of place rainbow of glitters. *ggrrr* I don't care how quickly Sims is loading, this is coming off tonight. Now that I've mentioned it it's bother me even more than it was. Still, the sparkle is nice.



I (finally) used up the last of my Julep Freedom Polymer topcoat on this.



It was an okay topcoat. I'd never pay Julep's full price for it, but if it comes in another Maven box I won't be upset.

So my Cover Girl Clean foundation (the normal stuff they've sold forever) is running low. I went to Walgreens with about $10 in reward points and to my surprise they had the Cover Girl & Olay Tone Rehab foundation on sale for the same price as the Clean foundation. Since Norma had already talked me into the Cover Girl & Olay Eye Rehab concealer and that's lasted forever, I decided it was worth a shot.



It has a whipped consistency and really nice (not too heavy) coverage. See?



I don't know yet if I'd be willing to pay full price for it. That will mostly be determined by how long it lasts. So far, though, I do like it and am glad that I've gotten the chance to try it for kind-of-free. Reward points aren't real money, right? ;)

(okay, sitting here proofreading my post and the more I looked at that pic the more it looks like my face is yellow looking compared to my neck... is anybody else seeing that?! *ugh*)

Last thing. The other day I was sitting here doing searches for money and on a whim looked up "random color generator" and this is what it gave me:



I kinda like that combo and plan on turning it into a water marble. Just as soon as I get this damn glitter off.... *pfft*

Uhm... I think that was it. Still waiting on my Julep box... and a few other things I've ordered. *groans* Anywho, going to try and remember to get the last of the pics I need for my vaguely mentioned "funny" post, water marble, still have four unworns pre-Julep... lots of stuff. Y'all take care out there and I'll see you soon with... something. (^_^)"/" Love you guys!

8 comments:

  1. Love the blue hair. The shimmer on the polish are really nice. Should be a pain to take it off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually it didn't end up being terribly difficult. I think having it over that layer of black helped.

      Delete
  2. Out of place rainbow glitters? How can rainbow glitters be bad? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just feels like they take away from the smaller duochrome glitters underneath. I think it would have made more sense to do either complimenting or contrasting glitters specific to each polish instead of the same rainbow selection in all of them.

      Delete
  3. Not my kind of polish I'm afraid... but that foundation looks nice! And your face doesn't look yellow at all as far as I can tell :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the full glitter or the color? I have another full glitter coming up that's a bit more subdued. As subdued as a glitter can be, I guess. lol Thanks! Always a possibility that it's just me seeing things. ;)

      Delete
    2. It's the full glitter (but you knew that, right? ;)

      *doesn't tell Lizzy she dialed back the yellow in her monitor settings before looking at the non-yellow face...*

      Delete
    3. O_O LOL That's also probably why I don't know what color things are. I know I had to tweak the colors a bit for Sims, but now I can't remember which ones. XD

      Delete

I love hearing from you!