Thursday, November 12, 2015

Julep: Sonia +Essence: #Lucky +Fallout 4

Hello, dolls. Sorry for my awfulness. Things are finally winding down after the Fallout 4 release, but not entirely just yet. Still, I have managed to keep my nails looking pretty so here's what I've been up to:

If you recall I treated myself to Julep's entire Matte Metallic collection and since Sonia was the perfect color to go with my Vault suit costume I dove in with her first:



Two coats... dries a little slower than I tend to expect from a matte, but omg she's so pretty. I am truly impressed so far!



Sonia did go on a bit thick, so that may have something to do with the dry time. (I'm currently having the same issue with Jo - the silver one) Overall, though, the final look and decent wear time for a matte makes me one happy Lizzy.

I wish I could say the same for #Lucky...



It's not often I'm disappointed with an essence polish, but this is one of those times. This is three coats and I still see some VNL/PDL in real life. Not as noticeable in the pic, but it's there. Also, so much chipping! Could be due to using up the last of my cheap/franken basecoat, but it's still upsetting. I do love this in-your-face pink, though, so next time I'll have to remember some undies.

So Monday night was the Fallout 4 release. It was so crammed full of people! *dies* There were only two other people dressed up and I wish I knew who it was that got the pic of the four of us together, but... here's the one Amanda's girlfriend took of us (Aaron, me and Amanda plus a couple of photobombers lol) after we got checked in:



I could not believe I was the only person wearing a Vault suit!! O_O I expected to be one out of twenty, but nope! Just me. Which, I have to admit, was nice. lol (for those of you who don't know: the "thumbs up" is used by the game's mascot and is a throwback to an old "safety tip" in case of nuclear bombing. If your thumb covers the blast when held at arms length and eye-level, you're at a safe distance... I dunno about that, but that's why we're thumbs upping)

Aaron's glowing ghoul was, of course, a success. Which is good considering the insane amount of work we both put into it. He had the brilliant idea to mix highlighter fluid in with the latex and I used this tutorial to make a string of UV lights to make him glow.



A lot of work, but well worth it in the end.

Welp... my birthday is tomorrow, the 13th. Friday the 13th. lol No idea what we're going to do... except my mom's taking all of us to the Asian Buffet so that'll be nice. Other than that, probably more Fallout 4. Next post will be anything interesting that comes up during that and also Julep Jo which I'm loving, but also typing gingerly since I don't believe she's dry yet. Hope everyone is having a fantastic November and I will see you again soon! (^_^)"/"

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Lizzy!! (yep, waited until the 13th to write this ;)
    I hope you have a great day and of course wishing you a wonderful year-to-come.

    I managed to steal my husband's attention away from his monitor for a couple of seconds to show the picture and he immediately put up his thumb and started grinning. I guess that means your costumes are great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3 Yay!! I told my hubby we're an "international success" and he grinned as well. XD

      Delete
  2. Wow that's a really nice finish, VERY smooth looking!
    Happy belated birthday gurl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ So far I'm pretty impressed with the Juleps. Even the red one doesn't seem like it's going to be too off-putting.

      Delete
  3. Keep the reviews of your Julep Matte Metallics coming! I've been wondering if I should get them or not and waiting for them to go on sale on teh site. As usual your costumes are epic - I'm such a fan of Aaron's work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also - hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! And I will. The matte silver was a little weird since that's a color you're definitely used to being super shiny, but so far I haven't had any formula issues or anything. I think I'll try the copper one next. Looks interesting.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!