Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Julep: Jo + Color Club: Sunrise Canyon

Rolling right along the Julep train I have another of the matte metallics today - Jo! Due to predominantly inclement weather I only have one picture of her:



The matte silver does take a little getting used to (as silver is generally shiny, yeah?), but it's still pretty wicked. Two coats, did dry a little slow, but other than that no problems. Also, it made a perfect base for...

Color Club Sunrise Canyon which I've been hanging onto forever:



Yep, can't pass up a yellow-green polish. Even though it's only ever so slightly more yellow than Prickly Pear which I picked up at the same time.



Sunrise Canyon is way more opaque, but I chose to layer her because I just can't handle any sheer polish at the moment. So it was a "just in case" and "let's save remover" decision.

Up next I'll have Julep Rashida which is a very interesting matte copper. Joyce finally convinced me to try out a glass nail file and I found one on amazon for $2 so I don't have to feel too badly about the purchase. I've only heard good things, so... we'll see. Still loving Fallout 4. I'm 31 hours in and feel like I've only barely scratched the surface. Anyway... I guess I should go make dinner. lol Y'all take care out there. (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. Humm I like the matte silver, but you're right it takes getting used to just cause you expect silver to be sparkly. I don't have anything like it though and that's saying something. OMG YAAAS! I can't believe you don't have a glass file already! I think you'll love it. They're shit at shortening nails (I file mine, I don't clip) but when you're done shaping/shortening your nails a glass file is amazing at sealing in the edges and making everything smooth. I have 3 or 4 now and one of them is bald in a ton of places cause I used the crap out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I thought they were supposed to last forever. ;) I'm looking forward to it. I do clip my nails because by the time I think of it they're painfully long so it's a lot to take off. XD

      Delete
    2. *butting in* The chemically etched ones actually do last forever or until you drop them and they break (or lose them like I did with a small one). The ones that have the spiky stuff glued to a base wear out. The ones I'm using myself, I have for almost three years now and they are still as sharp as they were when I got them (not mentioning the worn out covers though, those definitely have taken a beating ;) I use them to shorten my nails, carry a small one with me everywhere, and I'm trying to teach my hubby teeth are not meant to be manicure tools so I make him use a file whenever I can :) I think the etched files are more expensive though, as it probably costs more to make them.

      Delete
    3. LMAO!! That's awesome. Try bribing him with something. ;) That's how my mom got me to quit chewing my nails.

      Is there a way to tell which ones are etched and which ones are glued?

      Delete
    4. The only way I know is to look very carefully at the file sideways. If it's etched, the abrasive surface is slightly thinner than the smooth part where you hold it as the etching actually forms the spikes out of the glass so it sort of shaves off a tiny little layer of the glass. I actually had to use my mobile to take a picture of one of my files and zoom in as much as I could before I could see the difference. But I noticed I could also feel a slight change in thickness when I ran my fingers over it (hubby asked as if I was going nuts when he saw me petting that file so maybe make sure people don't see you doing it if they have doubts about you already ;)

      Delete
    5. Oooooh, I get what you're saying. That makes sense. Thanks! hehehe Yeah, I think "having doubts" went out the window years ago. He knows I'm nuts. XD

      Delete
  2. Oh, I LOVE that matte silver!! *envisions it with black stamping*

    Hehe, I'm so glad that you are trying out a glass file! I really hope it's a good experience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg Yes, it definitely needs some black stamping. I'll have to keep that in mind. I'm wary because the first time I tried to stamp over a matte polish it just rubbed right off. -_- That was a long time ago, though, so maybe I can get it to work better now.

      Delete
  3. Iuno, not sure I like "Jo", I like my silvers as shiny as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did get me wanting to wear Push & Shove. XD OH! That reminds me, I need to put the bornprettystore chrome on my wishlist. Thanks! lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!