Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sinful Colors: Skele-bration & Go Batty

Hello, darlings! I'm actually on-time and relevant for once! Whippee!! Skele-bration and Go Batty are two new Halloween polishes (as far as I've seen and heard all the rest are old polishes) from Sinful Colors that are available at least at HEB, Walgreens and Target. I'm assuming probably also Walmart, but I haven't seen reliable confirmation on that. Regardless! These are currently available in several places so now is the time to go looking for them. *looks around* What? "What do they look like?" Oh yeah. On to the swatches!

As with most glow polishes, both Skele-bration and Go Batty are sheer topcoats which, according to my previous experimentations, work best over white. So each swatch is three coats of polish (I'll get to why in a moment) over two coats of white (because the white I used needed two).



Skele-bration is a fairly standard green glow polish (which I just realized looks bluish in that picture) with not-standard skull and crossbones glitters! Super exciting. The polish is fairly thin and the whole 2nd coat was me fishing out (with moderate difficulty) the skulls and getting them positioned properly on my nails. None came out with the first coat and I used the third to even everything out. I did get one skull naturally during the third coat application. So, how does it glow?



Fairly well. I can't find my blacklight bulb so this is from standing in the dark laundry room and putting my hand up to the window for about 30 seconds. The glow doesn't last super long, but if you're in low-light instead of pitch-blackness it does last a bit longer. If you're at a party with blacklights then that would definitely help



Go Batty is a totally weird name for this polish, but I do like the pairing of moon glitters with the blue. Go Batty behaved exactly like Skele-bration; right down to naturally grabbing one moon on the third coat application. Does it glow blue?!



*pfft* No... Still pretty, though.

I did get some bubbling, but I'm going to say that's 85% my own fault for using so many coats and being impatient.

I think I may go ahead and do the last two SC "neons" next just to get them over with and in their drawer. I don't have high hopes. Perhaps that means I'll be pleasantly surprised! We shall see. Hope everyone is well and enjoying some amazing fall-like weather. I'll be back in a couple days with some more polish! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. OMG the one with the little sculls is adorable!!! These have great glow too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I really want to like the moons, the skulls are definitely my favorite, too. lol I think it's the green and the contrast with the black. The moons almost disappear.

      Delete
  2. Oh very cute nail polish
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Those little skulls look so cute! It's a shame those polishes aren't available over here but since Halloween isn't celebrated here we don't get the scary, creepy and spooky... *wonders if she could get a pumpkin somewhere to make a Jack'o Lantern, maybe set a trend?*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! Trend-setting is the best! :D All it takes is one brave soul.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea behind these, but it's such a nuisance to have to fish so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I would have preferred if the polish were a little thicker since I needed so many coats anyway.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!