Thursday, October 1, 2015

Essence: Rock My World! & Amazed By You

Hey, all. Almost spaced on today, but I'm here with two swatches from the "new" essence "gel" polish line. From what I've noticed there's not a ton of difference between these and the already amazing colour & go line. There is a "special" "gel" base and topcoat available, but I'm cheap and lazy and passed on those. Ya know, for now.

Starting off with two coats of Rock My World!, a beautiful smooth darkish grey.



I was going to use this for the Black & White prompt, but it ended up being too dark for the black. Still gorgeous, though.



And quick drying. I really don't see any difference between these and the colour & go. *shrugs*

Up next, two coats of Amazed By You.



Not as bright as I expected it to be from the bottle, but still a gorgeous plumy wine color.



I know it looks a little janky in the picture, but it looks much smoother in real life... just not as shiny as it did last night.

So... still having issues deciding on colors to wear. lol I kind of really want to do a neon skittles. Or a multichrome. Or texture! *looks around* So many polishes, so few fingernails. Welp, that's it for me. We'll see what I do when I get back, eh? Hope everyone's October is off to a fantastic start! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE both these shades ! I haven't tried the new line but you're right, the original polishes were amazing. I find usually with the gel like polishes the top coat can make quite a difference, but if you change your polish a lot it doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why I was never really concerned with the "gel" polishes. Even at my laziest, two weeks is just too long! It's half grown out by then. lol

      Delete
  2. I really like that colour that i've seen from essence AMAZED BY YOU and i didn't found that one by my local Clicks. That;s such a fab polish. I really like the gel range from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is super pretty. I'm really interested to try Turn The Lights On; it says "soft metal" and I'm curious what they mean by that.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I already have something like Rock My World, but I need Amazed By You!
    About TTLO, I have it and reviewed it, it's not really metal, but has a nice soft shimmer. You have seen it, lol, you commented on it ;) But it's been a while ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg Did I really? lol I think I might remember that, actually. *oops*

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous fall colors! You've taught me bright/neon = good but I'm always happy to see the darker colors reappear (I know, I can wear them all year long, but for some reason I don't... still so much to learn, I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Some people like more seasonal colors. To each her own. ^_^ Here in Texas the seasons don't mean much anyway, so I guess I don't get as caught up in it. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!