Sunday, October 4, 2015

Bic Soleil Glow Razor Review

Hell, lovelies. I have something new, different and exciting to share with y'all today! A few weeks ago I received a pack of Bic Soleil Glow razors to try for free through BzzAgent and I am happy to share my results with all of you. "But Lizzy! What's so exciting about a razor?" Yeah, that was my first thought, too. Seriously, though, stick with me a moment.



Here is the actual Bic Soliel Glow razor:



They come in a pack of 3 for roughly $6.50-8.50USD depending on where you shop. Which is a little pricey if you're used to spending a dollar on the cheap razors. The package boasts a comfort shield, 3 flexible blades, lubricating strips, pivoting head and rubber grip. All mostly standard stuff, yeah? The part that really had me concerned initially was the "comfort shield". *yikes* First "comfort shielded safety" razor I tried had the wires across the blades that not only didn't cut the hairs, the wires tore my legs to ribbons. The Glow razors are nothing like that.



See? No wires. *phew* In fact, even though it looks like it should, the Comfort Shield does not get in the way of the blades at all.



My absolute favorite thing about the Bic Soliel Glow razors is that rubber grippy strip at the bottom. Whether I used shaving cream or not (y'all know how lazy and cheap I am by now, yeah?) I didn't get any drag! No matter how fast I shaved. It's been almost a month and I haven't nicked or cut myself the entire time and, honestly, that's quite the accomplishment.



So smooth! And hardly a hint of extra dark under-the-skin stubble on my extra pale legs. The only thing I don't really like is that the extra large head makes it a bit difficult to get into *ahem* smaller areas. Which isn't really that big a deal, I suppose, considering how great they work otherwise. As far as razors go I give them 9/10. Minus half a point for the bikini area awkwardness and half a point for price. I do like all of my areas shaved if I'm going to be shaving, but having a razor that doesn't skip all over my skin or randomly cut me (even going over my knees!) is just fantastic; and the rubber grip means I'm not dropping it in a fit of spazziness.

Have you tried the Glow razors? Or any of the other Soliel (standard, Bella and Twilight) line? I've tried the standard Soliel before and liked them, but I'm curious about the 4-bladed Bellas. Those even have a scented option which I find... unnecessary, yet intriguing.



Hope everyone's October is off to a great start. Up next I'll have a new spooky glow polish from Sinful Colors so hopefully you can grab one while they're available! Y'all take care and stay safe. (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. I use Gillette Fusion 5 bladed razors. Yep, they're men's razors, but I have to say, I have NEVER cut or nicked myself. And in my "bikini area", hands down the smoothest, closest shave ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness I will definitely have to try those!

      Delete
  2. How long did one razor last? I have noticed with the cheaper razors I have to pitch them after one shave...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get 2-3 top-to-bottom shaves out of one Glow razor. Probably up to five for just my legs.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!