Friday, September 25, 2015

Vassen Twilight Gray & Green Lenses - LensVillage

Hello, lovelies! Starting to feel a little under the weather, so please bear with me if things get erratic or... weird... lol I had to get this up, though, because... I'm forgetty. *ahem* So, last month (I think) LensVillage had a Labor Day sale and I was able to get two pairs for $30. Pretty sweet deal! Unfortunately the on-sale Rx selection was far smaller than the non-Rx selection, but... that's great news for those of you with 20/20 vision. As I was confined to a small selection of Vassan Twilight lenses I opted for gray and green, which are colors I had been contemplating for a while anyway.



It did take them a few weeks (three and a half?) to get here, but I'm used to waiting for overseas orders so it wasn't that big a deal. Each pair of lenses came with a free case, so yay!

I had to try the Twilight Gray pair first.



I could tell while transferring the lenses into their cases to soak that they are a little bigger than what I normally wear, and also the center hole is a bit bigger than I would ideally prefer. However, for $15/pair I'm not going to complain too much about that.



From a "normal" distance the big hole isn't that noticeable, or if you're in an area dark enough to really dilate your pupils. Since the lenses themselves are on the bigger side I did notice them in my eyes from time to time, but they weren't at all painful. Like... if you're not used to wearing contacts. I felt them, but not all the time and not in an uncomfortable way.



Here you can see the discrepancy between my pupil and the pupil-hole. I really wish manufacturers weren't so afraid of obscuring peoples' vision. lol What's the point if you can tell right off that they're contacts?!

Next I tried the Twilight Green pair.



Isn't that a gorgeous color?!



Taking into account my skin, hair and natural eye color - I think I prefer lighter colored lenses. lol The extra darkness makes me look kind of evil.



As with the gray lenses, these were noticeable in my eyes from time to time, but not painful and I had no physical discomfort with them.

Both pairs retail for $23/pair not on sale which is still a pretty good deal. (back in the 90s these would have been about $80/lens so... yep) Overall I do recommend LensVillage for their periodic sales; even though it doesn't look like they accept paypal I didn't have any problems using my debit card as a credit card and that gets a thumbs up from me. On a personal blind-person level I still prefer Pinky Paradise (despite their flip-flopping payment methods) for the sheer selection of Rx lenses they offer. Both sites offer quality lenses (they don't feel too flimsy or rigid and arrive in the glass vials you'd expect) and the Rx power has been perfect from both sites. If I do have issues in the future, y'all will be the first to know.



I really like the gray ones. *teehee*

I think I covered everything I wanted to. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. In the meantime I believe I'll take a hot shower and a nap before dinner. *cough~cough* >_> lol Y'all take care out there and stay well! There's something going around... it's not horrid, but definitely annoying. See you in a few days! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. I got some a few months ago from Born Pretty, I don't know if it's that I have small eyes or the lenses are just so big! But they are hard to put in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my normal lenses are 14mm diameter and it looks like the ones on bps are 15mm like these Twilight ones. I didn't find them really difficult to put in, but that extra 1mm is definitely noticeable. lol

      Delete
  2. The gray lenses look great on you! The green ones... yup, evil is the right word ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It's weird, right? Doesn't seem like it should work that way, but apparently I'm meant to have lighter eyes.

      Delete
  3. Lol! These things creep my out a bit :P Although the grey ones do look good on you, they still kinda creep me out. But I have a thing with eyes.. It took me 10 years to get over the idea of donating my eyes, but although I just got over that, I still have difficulty with these kinds of lenses, lol!
    And yes, they are bigger on purpose because these manga-like doll eyes (doll-everything) in Asia (Japan, Korea mostly, I believe) is considered more beautiful, so especially those from BPS that Leigh Anne mentioned, will all be big...
    [[[ignore my grammatical incoherence]]]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL The bigger ones are a little creepy. I definitely prefer the more normal sized ones for regular wear. I think if I had a smaller (cuter) face the big doll-like eyes would make more sense.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!