Monday, August 24, 2015

Sinful Colors: RADiant, Hazed & Fierce Fiesta

So I mentioned previously how much I'm loving this "chalky" collection and how opaque the pastels are and the matte finish is fantastic... What I don't understand is what RADiant and Hazed are doing in this collection. So I could have googled first and skipped these two all together; and a lot of people were super excited about the "matte jellies"... I am not. You know me, you know this about me. I hate jellies. Fortunately since they are matte these two didn't take forever to dry, but they're still super sheer (great if you like that sort of thing, I guess) so I swatched them both over Wet n Wild Once Upon A Time (silver version) and... I still don't understand what these two have to do with the other four...

Starting with two coats of RADiant:



It's not horrid, but I never would have gotten this if it hadn't been paired with the pastels and black. I mean, I could still see the silver shimmer under RADiant! I guess it would make for a neat effect, but still. It's red.



Sort of red. lol It looks more red in real life.

Up next is two coats of Hazed:



Over silver this reminds me of China Glaze Flying Dragon without the glitters. Without the silver... well... this is the mani I borked and couldn't show earlier.



So, yeah... there's those. Some people will love them. I'm just not one of those people. Maybe they'll work for some layered stamping since that keeps eluding me...

In an effort to conserve cotton balls I decided to go ahead and try Fierce Fiesta over these:



A fun (FIESTA!) mix of red, pink, yellow and blue glitters. There is some bar glitter in there (which I know some people abhor), but they're pretty sparse and I only had to re-arrange two that ended up hanging off the edge.



I love those massive glitters mixed in there. Also, I don't think I topcoated this. Conservation since it didn't really need it.

I think that's it. Up next I'll have a gorgeous essence that I've put off for far too long followed by a sort-of-early empties post. Hope everyone is having a great start to their week and good luck to everybody starting school! (^_^)"/"

2 comments:

  1. VERY late reply... sorry about that :(
    As far as I'm concerned jellies are good for one thing, and one thing only: glitter sandwiches. Apart from that: no thanks! And I guess I'm one of those people who abhor bar glitter so I guess I'll pass on all polishes, which is good for my wallet as I'm saving for some really neat ones that will appear on my blog as soon as I manage to get my hands on them <- see what I did there? Raising expectations ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. :) *hugs* OMG I can't wait to see what specialness is in store! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!