Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sinful Colors: A-Crush

Hello, darlings. Thanks to the 99cent Sinful Colors sale I'm back to having a ton of polish to swatch. lol So I'm starting with the collection that most intrigued me because.... they're supposed to be like chalk on a chalkboard. Matte and opaque. So let's see how A-Crush (the blue one) lived up to that.



This is two fast drying coats, although one would have sufficed. I just don't trust one coat with my spazzy cleanup. lol



The finish is "demi-matte" (or semi- or kinda-) which is fine. If I want it more matte I can always add a matte topcoat, yeah? But what about this "chalkboard" gimmick thing they got going on?



Pow! Totally opaque over black. I'm super pleased with this. They do dry pretty quickly so I don't know how this would work for stamping, but I'm going to give it a shot! In the meantime, here's a quick look at the other colors over black:



The two on the right are "matte jellies" which means they are more sheer on the nail than they're looking in that test picture. I tried wearing Hazed (the dark purple) and... that was a mess. I'll try again later. Given the colors, had I known that ahead of time, I would not have gotten them. Ah well. Live and learn. (also, the two on the left were quick last-minute additions, that's why they look streaky)

In three days (they're going by kinda quickly...) I'll be posting a special mani inspired by Joyce's super cute skittlettes. It's been so long since I've done anything even remotely skittle-like (the closest being that accent nail one), but I'm really happy with it. I hope she is, too. So, I will see y'all then. Take care and enjoy what's left of the summer! (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. Love your school board manicure! It's almost time for my nieces to go back to school (coming Monday is their first school day) so I'm pretty sure they'll come over for some cool nails and I'm definitely going to show them this :)

    Oohhh... I can't wait to see your skittle manicure!! *starts checking phone if it's tomorrow already so it's only two more days*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think school is starting soon here, too. Time to start watching for school zone lights. lol

      Oh! If you like I can send you a preview picture. ^_^ Or you can wait and be surprised.

      Delete
  2. I like the colour and the finish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! ^_^ It's going to be so much fun to play with.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!