Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sinful Colors: The Bright Thing vs Neon Melon

So anybody who knows me even the least little bit knows that I have a bit of an insane obsession a soft spot for neons. hehehe So when Walgreens had their 99cent sale (might still be going on; I suck at time) I decided to grab all the Wag's exclusives. Even after catching a few bits about "they're not that good" "the formula sucks" blah blah blah. We've been through this song and dance before.

I own a ton of neon polish. That's a given. The fun, for me, with neons is finding the absolute brightest ones. I haven't done nearly enough comparisons, but Neon Melon has always stood out as the best and brightest of my neon yellows. So I've started with the exclusive yellow The Bright Thing:



Which... uhm... okay, this is two coats over white. The formula was maybe a little thick, but not unworkable and it didn't take forever to dry. I've worked with far worse polishes.



Personally, I don't understand how this can be called "neon". When I wore it I was hanging out with Aaron and one of his friends and they both said it looked neon to them, so maybe I've desensitized my eyes to brightness?

Comparison time!



On the left we have The Bright Thing and on the right we have Neon Melon.



TBT on pinkie, middle and thumb; NM on ring and index. I will concede that The Bright Thing is a more true yellow than Neon Melon (which has a touch of green), but side-by-side the difference in brightness is even more noticeable.



Especially in the shade where neons, in my experience, really show what makes them special.

I will say that I did really enjoy wearing The Bright Thing which is pretty special for a yellow. That's that one. I'm going to take a side trip into nail art and a semi-matte SC before coming back around for another exclusive neon comparison. That should give me time to figure out what to compare them with. Or to. Either? *shrugs* You know what I mean. Hrm... I think that's it. Time to get back to cleaning. Y'all take care out there. (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. Prefer Neon Melon! Just a better Neon yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely. As far as neons Neon Melon is, hands down, one of the best. Ever.

      Delete
  2. Sheesh... they thought that was a neon?! Even I can see is a bright yellow but nothing close to a neon! Men... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It had to be. I dunno, cuz they HAVE neons so it's not like they don't know what a neon looks like. So weird.

      Delete
  3. At this very moment i'm so jealous that you have SC Neons. We don't have Neons in South Africa that i've noticed only some of the others.. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! :( Hopefully you can get them. It always bothers me when polish is difficult (or impossible) to get...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!