Thursday, August 6, 2015

Profusion Eyeshadow Palettes: Neon & Smoky

Okay, so this is a little different for me. If you're with me on Instagram then you likely saw my descent into madness...



All I can say is that I've been trying so hard to be so good for so long that when I accomplished something and saw a sale... *shrugs* I went a little nuts. To sort of redeem myself (and justify getting both) I'm going to do a quick review of the Profusion eyeshadow palettes. There is a third called Rosy, but I wasn't really feeling that one. I picked these up at HEB (grocery store) for $3/each.



First one that caught my eye is Neon. You can see on the left there that the little heart is a magnetic flap to help keep the lid closed.



So the colors aren't really neon. A few of them are bright and they all have this metallic/shimmery finish I couldn't resist.

Here is where I totally spazzed out... the arm swatches are showing bottom right to top left... sorry about that.



^^indoors with flash



^^outside in the sun

I tried the blue one today and the texture is really soft and powdery, but not so much that it falls out everywhere. Pictures didn't quite come out so I will attempt more later. It's so hot down here...



I got the Smoky one because...



Green! hehehe I know, I'm terrible. This one is swatched in the more logical top left to bottom right order.



^^indoors with flash



^^outside in the sun

Now here's where I'm a little confused and maybe somebody can help me with this:



"Not Tested On Animals", but "Made In China"? Is the testing only required if they sell in China? Did they finally join the 21st century and stop requiring it? Anybody?

So, yeah, that's that. Since it's still moderately relevant next post is going to be a comparison between Walgreen's exclusive Sinful Colors The Bright Thing and the long time favorite Neon Melon. Then I'll get to some nail arts so I can get these polishes put back away. lol Hope everyone's having a fantastic week. (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. The eyeshadow pallets look very similar to me. And BOOOO for not truly being neon! Love the shimmer to them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some overlapping colors, but fortunately I use a lot of black and brown/bronze so it shouldn't be a problem. The blue, purple and green are what really caught my eye, though. ;)

      Delete
  2. OMG those Sinful colors r to die for <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been really hit and miss so far. :( I guess that's to be expected with the cheaper brands.

      Delete
  3. Apart from brow stuff, eye shadow is another thing I hardly ever use. I think I have a gold one somewhere in the back of a drawer but that's about it... XD
    The polishes look promising... can't wait to see what you do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, for a while I wasn't wearing any makeup at all, except for special occasions. Lately I've been trying to wear it more often just because I have so much sitting around. :3

      Delete
  4. Ok, NOW i'm really jealous o that NEON especially the Pink & Green one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green one isn't really neon, it's a "chalkboard matte". I was a bit disappointed that the new neon collection didn't include a green. :( I will try to get to the pink one soon.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!