Friday, July 10, 2015

#SBBNailChallenge - 48 - Chevrons

Okay, so I mentioned a week (or two?) ago that my friend went and picked red of all colors; so I took the opportunity to turn it into a #SBBNailChallenge mani... mostly to tone down the red a bit. lol



I did use nail guides for this and had the hardest time lining them up. Even so, I don't think it turned out too badly. For the colors I used A England Perceval and Zoya Rory. Also, I did do both hands even though I wasn't thrilled with "having" to use red. lol



I'm almost out of these chevron guide stickers which is bittersweet. It's good to clear stuff out and I suck at them anyway, but when they're gone I probably won't get any more. Not on purpose anyway. I still have so many stickers and decals and stuff to go through as it is...



Ka-chick! But wait! There's more! I still have two more #SBBNailChallenge manis that I've done, too. So, ya know, things to look forward to. I said I was going to try and get back into doing these and so far I think I'm on track. I just need to be careful about not leaving the hardest ones for last.

Even though I'm determined to not bleach my hair until it all grows out, that doesn't mean I can't still do color! Splat does contain chemically ingredients, but it's not as harsh as "normal" hair dye and, for those of you who didn't know, Manic Panic is made with all natural plant extracts, 100% vegan, cruelty free and actually conditions your hair. The only shit part is that Splat is sold where I normally shop and I have to go out of my way for Manic Panic. Unless I get a surprise amazon gift card! (which I took as "you're hair is looking shabby, sort it out")



The lighter green before was Electric Lizard. This beautiful emeraldy green is Venus Envy. There is one more green I want to try before possibly going in a different direction. Hoping I can get something similar to Sailor Pluto's vampy green locks I'm going to try Enchanted Forest. {--click to see it on Pinterest. Assuming I can save enough nickles before getting fed up and doing something drastic...

Uhm... So I think that's it. My dad is off getting his new physical so he can retake the CDL test. *fingers crossed* I will be back in a couple of days with a fresh swatch and new #SBBNailChallenge. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Take care! (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. I think that red looks great on you and you did a very fine job on those nail guides. I haven't tried those out yet, but I will... someday ;)
    Venus Envy looks really good on you, but after seeing Enchanted Forest on Pinterest (that guy with the green Elvis do and the green beard... husband walked by when that was on my monitor and his eyes almost popped out ;) I think that might look even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's hard doing tape manis because my nails curve so much so the stickers/tape never really lay flat. :/ Glad you like it, though!

      Yeah, I'm pretty excited about Enchanted Forest. Even more so now that I know I can get it on Amazon so I don't have to settle for whatever Sally's decides to stock. ;)

      Delete
  2. The pictures are lovely and great job on using the nail guides!
    http://leahbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!