Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Color Club: Ultra-Astral

Another fabulous neon from Color Club. This is two coats of Ultra-Astral over white:



The thing about Ultra-Astral that both caught my attention and concerned me a little was the holo sparkle thrown in.



The holo was nice and sparkly and does add a little something extra, but it seemed like maybe the neon wasn't as bright as it could have been because of it? Maybe it's me.



I wanted to use this for the #SBBNailChallenge stamping prompt, but after getting the initial stamping done... I couldn't think of what else to do with it. I think the pink was throwing me off. I'm going to revisit my greyscale/dream inspired one soon.



Yeah, that's as far as I got and I don't think that's impressive enough to count for the stamping prompt. I'll do better.

One more post in July which will be my empties post; then I'll be starting off August with Ms Sparkle's Luna. I nearly waited since I just ordered a new Sailor Moon themed stamping plate from BPS, but... eh. I want to wear it so I shall. lol I think I need more topcoat, though... >_> I'm down to mixing inferior topcoats with my beloved NutraNail and that rarely works out well. *sigh* Anywho, I kind of destroyed the spare room last night so I should probably go fix that so I can do today's yoga. If anybody's curious I've taken to curating my own routine. I made some playlists and put videos together so I can do them together in a specific order:

Yoga 1: This one is easier containing the first two "beginner" videos plus a back stretching one for good measure.

Yoga 2: This one is for strengthening my pathetic muscles. lol I did it for the first time yesterday and it's a little brutal. I made it through, though, and I'm sure it'll get easier as I get stronger.

So there's that. I can't believe I'm down to five unworn polishes. I think my psychosis may have finally come under control. I mean... serious budget constraints help, but where there's a will there's a way, yeah? *shrugs* I guess that's it for now. Hope everyone is well and having a great week! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. This neon is AMAZING! Love the glitters in it! And I can't wait to see Luna, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did! And yes, top coat... I recommend two coats for Luna ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my pics will be near as good as yours. I did one coat over plain black and didn't get any moons. It's still pretty, though. I need to get out and get pics soon before it starts wearing. O_O

      Delete
  2. Damn what a color <3 Color club sure knows how to make nail polish ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice polish but I think you're absolutely right. The holo does distract from the neon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There does seem to be some trade-off there. Ah well... now we know. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!