Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sims 4: Get To Work - Your Own Store

I'm going to preface this by saying: Yes, I'm back, but I'm having the hardest time getting back into my routine. So if any of you posted anything that you really wanted me to see, please please please leave the link(s) in the comments. I'd really hate to miss something you think I'd like, but I feel like I have so much to do right now I don't think I'll be able to make the time to go through everything I missed.

With that out of the way, let's take a look at running your own business with the Sims 4 Get To Work expansion pack.



When it comes to running your own business you have the option of either buying a pre-set up store or starting your own from scratch. I opted for the latter. The only things you need to successfully run your own business are a cash register (even though it's never used) and stuff to sell.



Building an actual store-like structure is completely optional. As far as stocking merchandise you can either sell normal items from the in-game build/buy mode catalog or opt to sell items you have crafted or collected yourself. Since my business owner was a runaway with almost nothing to her name she sold produce that she had collected around town and pictures she had taken with her camera. Just click the items and "set for sale".



When you open for business customers will begin to arrive. You talk to them about their shopping preferences, budget, etc and the more excited they are or closer to buying - the more options are available. Once they're ready they'll stand by the item (yes, singular item) they want to purchase.



Then it's just a matter of ringing them up and "restocking" the item. With catalog-stock you have to click the placeholder and restock. With your personal inventory you can sell the placeholder and replace the item from your inventory. (you can also "restock" your inventory items for a price if you run out)

*Lather~Rinse~Repeat*

Ah, but it's never that easy, is it?



You can have any member of your active household working the store. Each member (minus children) has the same authority so there's no management conflicts within the household.



Or you can hire outside Sims. You have to assign tasks to them and check up on them from time to time. I wish I had some helpful hints, but after making Hibiscus happy and giving her a raise and promotion after a particularly good day she suddenly wasn't happy anymore so I fired her. Also, keep in mind your general revenue because employees do have to be paid whether they do a good job or not:



Every interaction and successful sale rewards you with "perk points" which you can use to make your store-running experience easier.



The rewards include things like "faster checkout", "faster restocking" and customers coming in closer to ready-to-buy. There are also fun things like the "My First Simoleon" plaque; in case you ever wondered what a simoleon looks like:



At the end of the day (or whenever your Sim is near death and you have to take him/her home) you close up shop and go home.



Oh yeah, household funds and store funds are kept separate, but you can easily click and transfer. Move your profits to your household or fund your store with your household's money if you're not turning a profit. It's as easily as clicking the button and transferring the funds.

All in all it's not an exceedingly difficult way for your Sim to earn a living. My family actually retired quite comfortably. Although I do have a word of warning here: My Sim's husband died and it glitched the store. She couldn't open for business, hire employees or even get into the perk reward menu. I was going to sell anyway (the store was their love-child), but I had to do so from the Manage Worlds menu. I don't know if this is a common problem (like not being able to lock doors so customers make their own cupcakes instead of buying yours) but it is something that happened to me.

I... think that's it. If you have any questions about running your own store in Sims 4 (or anything in any of the other expansions/packs) ask away and I will do my best to answer.

I did finally get my Ms. Sparkle Luna and Artemis polishes so coming up next I'll have pics of Artemis to share with you. Also coming up will be my final verdict on the Splat Fade Defense System. For now I'm going to try and focus enough to work on the kitchen a bit before I get pulled back into Sims. lol Hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far. (^_^)"/" Take care out there.

2 comments:

  1. I think you'd like all my things. Is that not right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Definitely all the things. ;) It's not my fault you do such pretty swatches!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!