Monday, June 1, 2015

Hard Candy: Black Tie Optional & Sweet Tart +Empty

As it stands now camping has been rescheduled for the weekend from the 11th-15th. Barring any more massive rains. So YAY for that and also YAY for glitters! Two more finds from Jen's Destash on storenvy starting with Hard Candy Black Tie Optional:



Mostly matte black glitters with various white hexes thrown in for (I assume) balance. Very nice and kinda funky. Definitely a good one.

Sweet Tart, in my mind at least, is a sister-polish to Black Tie Optional:



What with the mostly white with black thrown in. I knew I had to get them both.

I did end up with one empty for May:



Julep's Oxygen Nail Treatment. It's supposed to allow nails to breath so they're stronger and such, not intended as a basecoat. I did use it as a basecoat and nothing bad happened. It's an okay product. I can't attest to it's claims of stronger nails because I'm so sporadic about rotating basecoats, but it didn't hurt them any. Only thing is that since it's a "treatment not a basecoat" it kind of took a really long time to fully dry. I assume that's why. Anyway, I could sit here for four hours with just the treatment, no dings or smudging, until I went to bed and I'd wake up with hair and sheet marks galore. Also, the pink color is intended to counter-balance the appearance of stains, but if your nails are at all like mine... no. It did not do that good of a job. Given Julep's prices... I wouldn't buy it. Not on it's own. I wouldn't be mad if it came in a Maven box with colors I like, though I'd prefer another bottle of their ridge-filler instead. That's a product that works.

Okay, so I have a Finger Paints coming up and I'm also compiling pics for a rundown on the Sims 4 Get To Work "run your own business" career thingy. So... yeah. lol Even though Sims has its hooks in me pretty deep I'm trying to keep up with other things, too. I will not abandon my blog!! I won't do it. I still like it here. *ahem* Anyway, hope everyone's week/month is off to a great start. See y'all soon! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. Ooh... those glitters do a great job of covering up the disappointing base. Both looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, for your camping trip being rescheduled! I like them both polishes, but I think I like Black Tie Optional better, maybe because it is more contrasting. I also wonder what Sweet Tart would look like over a light pinkish color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh I bet that would look really pretty! Or maybe a pastel skittles to go with the name.

      Delete
  3. Sweet Tart wins this glitter competition for me (what? it wasn't a competition?). I still have some issue with longer bar/string glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *pfft* Everything's a competition. LOL Have you seen Sinful Colors Pinata somethingorother? I just saw it at Walgreens. Will be getting that when I get back to see how the bar glitters in that work.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. No problemo! I'll be around again as soon as I can. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!