Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nabi: Metallic White & Funky Fingers: Dia De Muertos +Plus

I don't know if you've heard, but Texas (as well as Oklahoma and surrounding states) has been absolutely bombarded with foul weather lately. Severe rains for a few weeks and several tornadoes touched down just last night! So my laziness is only partially actual laziness. lol The rest is trying to stay dry and alive. Also... Sims.

After the debacle that is/was Nabi's Metallic Orange my hopes were not high for Metallic White. I was... sort of pleasantly surprised.



Okay, so Metallic White is really more frosty/pearl than "metallic", but it is smooth and perfectly opaque in two coats! Unlike KleanColor's Metallic White:



Oy... lol

Nabi's Metallic White may not be strictly metallic, but it is white and white is a great base for glow-in-the dark polishes! The best, in my experience. Here's two coats of Funky Fingers Dia De Muertos:



Dia De Muertos has bright pink matte glitters and shiny blue glitters in a sheer (glow in the dark) blue-lavender base. I really wanted to do a third coat to ramp up the glow factor, but I didn't want to bombard my nails with glitter when two coats looked so pretty. So how did it glow?



Nicely. Surprisingly green considering the blueish base, but Dia De Muertos did put off a pretty strong glow. Even when going from the brightish greyness of outside to the mostly darkish of the laundry room:



Which, really, is the best part of glow-in-the-dark. Catching it when you're not expecting it. ^_^

As I mentioned, last night was pretty spectacular weather-wise. I've seen the sky blue, brown, orange, yellow and green.... but never have I seen it bright pink!



This pink came directly after a brilliant green that my camera refused to capture. As beautiful as it was it was also very disconcerting. Yellows and greens indicate bad storms stirring things up. Pink? o_O Found out later about four tornadoes in central Texas, but I can't even begin to guess what they were stirring up for that effect.

Weather reports are calling for more rain for at least another week. Managed a window of honest to goodness sunshine for Impala Pistache so I'm wishing I had gone with one of the holos instead. lol Ah well. Got that coming up as well as two Hard Candy glitters. Perhaps some stamping will end up on top of them. We shall see. Hope everyone is having a terrific week and staying safe. Love you guys!! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. That Nabi is pretty, especially with the glitters :)
    That sky is... eh... scary!! *looks outside to check if her sky is still blue... yep, it is*
    Oh, and please stay alive, safe and dry (in that order) yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scary seeing it like that in person! lol It's pretty, but it's not supposed to be that color!! XD *HUGS* We're doing our best. So far still alive, safe and dry. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm what a strange pink light!!!
    Btw, interesting nail polish, it has a uniform coverage!
    Kisses,
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strange. lol Yeah, I was really impressed with the spread of the glitters. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Metallic is such a slippery concept when it comes to nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I'm still holding out hope, though. ;)

      Delete
  4. So shiny <3 And I love the topper combo, you nailed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Nabi is very shiny! Love the way it looks topped with Dia De Muertos, very pretty! Hope your weather gets better soon! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did make an interesting combo. ^_^ So far we're starting to clear up. 30-40% chance for a couple of more days then they're predicting clear skies. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  6. Ick! How long does tornado season last down there? Scary. I love the glitters! And the glow in the dark base is SUCH a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no idea. We don't get too many tearing through our town so I don't pay much attention, but I think it's a couple of months? >_> *shrugs* omg Funky Fingers has some amazing glitters. ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!