Saturday, May 2, 2015

Essence: Best Female & Nabi: Metallic Orange

Also known as: Two Too Sheer *ggrr* Things you find out when you're too lazy busy hopeful for swatch testing. Starting with a staggering four coats of essence Best Female:



FOUR COATS! It's a pretty purple with some nice shimmer that doesn't look too bad in the shade:



But seriously... I want to find out who at essence is approving these super sheer polishes so I can slap him or her. Put out a "too sheer for words" collection so we have some warning.

Even more disappointing was Nabi Metallic Orange:



That's three coats. Not too bad in the sun, I guess, but in the shade...



The dreaded Phantom Dirt Line. *GYAH!* I had such hopes...

Am I the only person that goes a little berserk when this happens? Fortunately I have something super pretty on now. I'm about to add some fun glitter. Oh! I just used my mom's phone to take a picture of my hair and it came out more color-accurate than mine has been able to manage:



*snickers* As smudgy as that is I'm guessing she doesn't realize there's a camera lens on the front of her phone. XD Anyway, it still looks a tad greener than that in real life I just don't know why it's not showing up. I think I may need to dig out my proper camera and see how that one feels about it.

That's it for me for now. Spent two hours this morning cutting grass (doesn't my lawn look all pretty and manicured? LOL) so I'm ready for some lunch! lol Y'all take care out there! (^_^)"/" I'll see you soon.

6 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous polishes but 3 & 4 coats?!? Too Sheer for words collection LOL Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, way too many coats. lol I feel like it might not bother me as much if my nails weren't perpetually stained, but... yeah... some warning would be nice. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oohhh... the purple is nice!! (the color, not the sheerness). I wonder what two or three coats over matching undies would look...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty color, and I'm glad that the purple at least counteracts the staining. >_> Definitely trying this one with undies next time.

      Delete
  3. Phantom dirt line annoys me greatly. Both of these are so pretty, though, I'd forgive them and just wear undies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Undies are the best. lol I just forgot to check for opacity. -_-

      Delete

I love hearing from you!