Sunday, April 5, 2015

Ma.nish.ma: Rocket Green & Funky Fingers: Oogie Boogie

Good morning, everybody. So, I had never heard of Ma.nish.ma before, and I'm always hesitant about adding a new brand to my stash page, but while perusing Jen's Destash on storenvy Rocket Green caught my eye, dug into my brain and would not go away. So, of course, I had to grab it.



Rocket Green dries to a true matte. This would have been two coats over white, but the white wasn't fully dry (Rocket Green dried super fast like a good matte) and I got a few dents while making supper. Rather than ruin the beautiful matte finish with topcoat I did topcoat to smooth and added a third coat over that. My left hand still had a pretty noticeable ding, that's why righty is standing in. lol



Still don't know anything about Ma.nish.ma and what they offer, but I love Rocket Green and if she has any sisters I would get them, too.

If you recall, while my cousin was here I discovered that our Five Below finally got the Halloween glow-in-the-dark polishes stocked. Not only could I not resist grabbing a few (in fact, I almost did resist), but Aaron told me to! ^_^ One of the glow polishes was, of course, the green Oogie Boogie:



Sheer green glow-base with a mix of yellow and light green glitters. I was pretty surprised that after application I didn't have to pick off a ton of errant glitters from my fingers. *thumbs up* So, how well did it glow?



Eh... I didn't dig out my blacklight bulb (tbh: I have no idea where it went after I re-organized my area), but usually my phone's flashlight works just as good. Which it kind of did... for a split second. Oogie Boogie glowed like mad, but faded very quickly. Also, I never noticed it glowing when I came indoors and I usually do since our laundry room is so dark. So C- on the glowing, but it's still a cute glitter and I can always add an additional glow topper for more oomph.

I know I've been fairly erratic posting (easily distracted in real life), but hopefully tomorrow I'll have the final Models Own chrome! If not tomorrow, then shortly thereafter. OH! Excitement! Who remembers how awesome the Nabi Punky Crackle was? I had found the plain (non-crackle) metallic version on amazon and was heartbroken when it disappeared from my wishlist as "unavailable". The other night I went through SHOPNABI on amazon and was able to order Punky Metallic along with three other metallics (including a metallic white to compare with Kleancolor's "interesting" Metallic White) for under $6! After shipping! *happy dance* I also ordered China Glaze Fairy Dust because it was too cheap not to.

Okay, that's enough rambling. Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. I swear I dreamt about bright green nails last night!
    I was catching up on some posts last night while I couldn't sleep and this one was the last I read before dozing off. Man, this is bright! I love it with the glitters on top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I can't remember the last time I dreamed about nail polish, but I feel like I must have. lol The glitters are a nice addition. I like how none of them are the exact color of the polish so they don't disappear.

      Delete
  2. I like how Rocket Green looks on it's own, but I think I might like it more with the Oogie Boogie on top! If you want a cheaper dupe for China Glaze's Fairy Dust pick up Cosmic Dust from Salon Perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! I already got the Fairy Dust! lol At least I only spent amazon gift cards and not real money. ;) That always helps justify ridiculous purchases.

      Delete
    2. LOL I agree!! I'll spend gift cards on things I would never spend my cash on.

      Delete
    3. Right?! XD Fortunately, especially with amazon, there's enough variety that we don't feel like we have to "settle" just because it's a gift card. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!