Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Essence: Rock My World

Hai-hai! (^_^)"/" It's such a nice day here in Texas. lol Today I have essence Rock My World which is a bit of an odd one. It has kind of a sheer, iridescent base so I layered it over Nail Fetish Babe:



I'm not sure what happened, because she's much prettier and more sparkly in person. There are some small iridescent flakies and tiny little glitters, too. I did topcoat. I think the mild texture was more incidental than intentional.



Like most essence polishes, Rock My World dried super quick. I did try to get a video, but I don't think that's much better:



Hrm... Definitely prettier in real life.

Okay, so tomorrow is going to be Julep Tatiana which is super pretty. I'm debating trying some kind of nail art with this one. Whether I do or not, after that I'm going to try out this moderately simple looking tutorial that Pure Ice posted on facebook for the "use someone's tutorial" prompt on the #SBBNailChallenge. With luck I won't screw it up too badly. lol Hope everyone's having a great day! (^_^)"/" See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Lol, this one looks so weird, but I'm taking your word for it and must find it to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Fortunately essence is cheap so if it's not stellar it's not such a big deal. ;)

      Delete
  2. *stares at monitor, looks at nails, stares at monitor again*
    Nope, definitely not a polish I would buy. The base is very pretty though :)
    (oh, and I googled some more reviews for Rock My World, apparently it's supposed to have a textured finish ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe One day you'll try something like this. ;) It's the addict's bane. I never thought I'd wear pink or yellow, but... things happen. lol

      Oooooohhhhh Okay. At least it's not just me. lol

      Delete
  3. I like the color you get when applying it over Babe, but I'm with ya it's a bit of an odd one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iridescent bases are so difficult for me. I don't want to do them all over black because then they all end up looking the same, but then a color that feels like it should work might not really. So frustrating. Why can't they just make opaque iridescent polish?!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!