Sunday, March 29, 2015

Stamping With Konad And Bundle Monster

Today's post is brought to you by the letter "S" as in Super Spazzy. Last night while hubby was making dinner I went through my plates and had this really great idea to do images with sort of dreams themes. I tend to dream in color, but lots of color and lots of "random" images might be a bit much so I figured it would work well enough in black and white. Then... *sigh*... after dinner I got totally lazy and had forgotten most of the images I wanted to use and decided on this sort of basket weave pattern:



I wasn't even going to post this today (instead adding it to the bottom of tomorrow's post), but the lovely Joyce from What's on my nails today? is back and wanted to see it. Go show her some love!

Anyway, I used Bundle Monster plate BM-606 and the image was big enough for every nail except my thumb. *ggrrr*



I also, obviously, used the Konad Special White polish for the stamping.



Back when stamping was first gaining steam I wondered if the Konad "special" polish was really special at all. I mean, chromes and opaque regular polish work, so what's the deal? Well, if you haven't tried it yet the Konad polish is... different. Of course it's super opaque (at least the white is), but there's something else. I touched on it before, but I totally borked a couple of nails and was able to just scrape the Konad polish off. That is exceptionally handy for a Super Spaz like me. The other thing is a bit weird, because I would say that it holds up better to topcoating. It really looks like it in real life, but when I went to take a picture of my "best nail":



That happened. ??? Uhm... even though my iPhone swears it streaked my eyeballs are claiming otherwise. lol So we'll go with: "the Konad polish has minimal streaking issues when faced with topcoat". Also, I did have issues with it building up on my scraper and this happened:



So, yeah, make sure you clean that sucker off. I think most of my stamping related issues are due to learning how to use this new polish. You really have to clean off the plate between each use. I was confused as to why some of the images were lighter or kinda wonky until I took the picture of the plate and noticed definite residue in the design. Go ahead and scroll back up. I'll wait.... *whistles the theme song to Bonanza* Did you see it there in the bottom-left corner? Yep. If it builds up on the scraper, it's gonna build up in the nooks and crannies of the plate, too. Lesson learned!

While this is a passable stamping, I think know I can do way better for the black and white theme; so I'm not counting this one. No "ka-chick" today.

Two more days until the Sims 4 Get To Work expansion comes out. Time to go finish up as many of the current achievements as I can before they load me down with even more. lol Hope everyone's having a great weekend! (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out! Makes me think of 'diamond plated' tool boxes, ya know the ones that go in the beds of trucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's what I thought, too! ^_^ Great minds think alike. hehehe

      Delete
  2. I have to admit I had some serious doubts about stamping over Hey Mr DJ but this turned out great!
    (and thanks for not keeping me waiting another day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ And no problem. I do what I can. lol

      Delete
  3. Oh that looks very intricate, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!