Wednesday, March 25, 2015

#SBBNailChallange - 28 - New Technique

Hello, dolls! Today is another "iffy" #SBBNailChallenge... I mean, I did it, but the effect is really hard to see! I went for 28 - new (to me) technique and tried to do the layered "jelly sandwich" type stamping with Bubblegum and the Konad Special White...



Just that the one time I need a polish to be super sheer... it really isn't.



I used these plates... I believe they're both from Born Pretty Store, no idea if either is still available. Anyway, I had yesterday's swatch-mani, stamped a single flower on each nail, layer of polish, single flower, layer of polish, single flower and Hello Kittys on my accent nails, finished off with a final layer of Bubblegum and topcoat because ZOMG that's a lot of polish.



Can you see three flowers? I can't... Still, two visible and one hidden isn't bad for a first attempt, right?



Ka-chick! Also, sorry about my dirty fingers. XD I had to mow the lawn and replace the blinker bulb in my mom's van. *oops*

Also! I had to get this picture because I keep being impressed with the Konad stamping polish. Even with other polishes that work for stamping, it never comes out this crisp!



Another thing I've noticed about the Konad stamping polishes is that I can pick it right off if (*ahem* when) I screw up! O_O For the white, at least. I'm going to have to get more. Ya know, for the science. ;) Thank goodness for mPoints and amazon gift cards. lol

Okay, so assuming all goes well I'll have essence color-changing My Sweet Escape for tomorrow followed by Color Club Bell Bottom Babe since everybody (myself included) is so excited to see that one. Then, if I don't forget, I'm going to really put the Konad Special White to the test for the Black & White #SBBNailChallenge prompt. Since that's why I got it in the first place. lol Hope everyone's having a great week. Y'all take care out there!! (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. OMG what a cute nail plate!!! I can see the two of the three flowers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe It's definitely one of my faves. ^_^ Yay for 2/3! XD

      Delete
  2. I can see two as well, and a hidden Hello Kitty on your ring ;)
    It's a good thing I don't own that plate or my nieces would come here every week asking for a new manicure. They L O V E Hello Kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Hello Kitty is the best. ^_^ Sadly (or fortunately?) her plates are so hard to find...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!