Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Julep: Hazel +Stamping

Haha I got the post started and had to go back outside because I forgot I wanted to stamp with this one. *oops* Glad I remembered, though, cuz I think it came out pretty cool. First, though, we have a beautiful gold-purple duochrome (sorta) from Julep by the lovely name of Hazel:



This is two coats for perfect opacity, decent dry time. Most well-behaved Julep I've used in a while. The duochrome aspect was a bit... lackluster?



Granted it's foggy and overcast, but the extra moisture usually helps duochromes. I couldn't get it to show up at all in the water, either.



Ah well, despite that it's still a very vibrant, stunning purple.



For the stamping I used Bundle Monster plate BM-607 and Models Own Chrome Blue.



The result was not quite as clean as I would have liked, but only because the act of scraping resulted in bubble shapes rather than the perfect circles.



Even so it's still very cool. I also love this more open design as it may still be usable when my nails grow out.



Love these colors together. ^_^

Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to do swatches of Orly Shine and Models Own Studio 54. Then I have another #SBBNailChallenge idea I'm trying to bring together for Thursday. Along those lines, last night I ordered the Konad white stamping polish. I'm hoping that will work well over black (that's its entire job, right?) for the Black & White #SBBNailChallenge prompt. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Take care out there. (^_^)"/"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!