Friday, February 27, 2015

Julep: Colton & Björk +Metamorphic Topcoat Comparison

Still alive! Cold and tired, but alive. Working on replacing some of our outlets, hoping I can restore power to the north-east quadrant. Wish me luck! I'm learning new things every day.

Today we're starting with two coats of Julep Colton. A very deep, dark, eggplant purple.



It keeps being overcast... Here's a shot with the flash so you can actually see the color:



I had the hardest time with cleanup. lol Polish just kept melting out and getting on my fingers. Pretty awesome vampy purple, though. Great base for Björk!



The blue one. lol This is one coat of Björk over Colton. And now for the Metamorphic Topcoat rundown!



Left to right: Tyra, Tilda and Björk. Same order swatched over black:



Ta-da! There you have it. lol I think, though, over black is kind of boring compared to the more transformative effect with other colors. Specifically like we saw with Tyra. These definitely warrant further experimentation.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be cold and wet again, and I'm replacing the outlet by my dad's chair. Hopefully, though, I can get Models Own Pray (and my storenvy haul) posted before it's super late. lol Y'all stay warm and safe!! (^_^)"/"

4 comments:

  1. These are SO beautiful!! If these were sold separately, I would be in big trouble ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *looks around* They are sold separately. lol

      Delete
  2. OMG I love the top coats! Love the blue one ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pretty. ^_^ Glad, too, because I wasn't sure what to expect at first. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!