Thursday, February 12, 2015

Julep: Carla & Sinful Colors: Flower Power

Keeping the pink ball rolling, this combination could easily just be "spring themed" and not necessarily "Valentine's Day". Starting with two coats of Julep Carla:



Carla is a very pale pink, and was a bit on the thick side. Even so it applied evenly and didn't end up patchy or weird.



Since I already have Hello Kitty Bubble Gum, I don't think I would have thought to get Carla if she hadn't come in the Maven box. She did, however, make a great base for Sinful Colors Flower Power.



Flower Power is pretty sheer. I get the point of layering for that milky/depth effect, but this is two coats and that's already a lot of glitter.



Cute glitter, though. Just makes me worry a bit for the other two.

Tomorrow I'm back with another Julep/SC combo, just reversed so I can swatch Hartliegh. Then Saturday will be SC Daredevil and Love Sprinkles plus some Valentine's Day stamping. For now I'm going to see if I can move some boxes into the shed. *groans* Hope everyone's week is winding down nicely. Take care out there. (^_^)"/"

8 comments:

  1. I really like the way Flower Power looks over Carla :)
    I wonder if I could create something similar with milky sheer polishes and glitters, as of course Sinful Colors is another brand that is pretty hard to come by over here... *starts searching stash*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could! After all, it is just a glitter polish. :)

      Delete
  2. I need Flower Power!!! Another great combo, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ I hope you can find it. So far I haven't seen these at Walgreens; just HEB.... >_>

      Delete
  3. I just picked up that SinfulColors (and the other two like it). Looking forward to playing with them soon (I hope).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see how you swatch them! The blue one is, apparently, very VERY sheer. *eep*

      Delete

I love hearing from you!