Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Finger Paints: Sea Temptress +Plus

So blogger's not going to allow nudity anymore, huh? Unless it's "artistic" or the blog is private. That's kind of a shame. I don't post nudity (at least, I don't think I have... not on purpose...), but I'm all for people's rights and freedom of expression and it's not like they show random (or "trending" or whatever) blogs on the home page. Why must everything be watered down and made "child friendly"?! Are they going to start censoring profanity next? This... is why I hate people... *sigh*

I love polish, though. Even quirky little wierdos like Sea Temptress:



Poor dear was sitting all unloved and on clearance for $2 so I had to give her a home. This is two coats that absolutely did not dry. Seriously. I did a full mani and had to take it off because even after an hour as soon as I touched her she started smearing. o_O She dried on my palette so I'm assuming it was a basecoat incompatibility?



Sheer iridescent base with glitter-induced texture. I'll be honest- I didn't get it until I posted a quick-pic on facebook and my friend Brak said "It looks like fish scales!". *facepalm* That's exactly what it looks like! LOL I'm such a dope. With that in mind, I could definitely see using this as part of a costume.



It is kinda pretty. Just next time I'll play around with some undies and hopefully I'll be able to get her to dry. *grumbles*

So... I ran to Ulta to try and track down a polish for KarenD. I don't know if I found it, but I did find these:



Rock My World and Let Stars Rain Down On Me!. It caught my eye because sitting in the display it looks like a clear polish, but the bottle says, "Shake me! I'm pretty" so I did and she is! Holo sparkle pretties. ^_^ I had the same settling issue with Nails Inc Hackney Crackle and that worked just fine so I'm not concerned with the seemingly insignificant amount of sparklies.

Tomorrow I've got Models Own Chrome Rose and then Friday should be my Julep Metamorphic Topcoat comparison. I just got a new set of Bundle Monster plates (not the new set, though those are next) and I really want to do some stamping. *twitches* So hopefully I'll figure that out soon. lol We got a break in the weather today, I hope you did, too! Take care out there. Stay warm and safe. (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting looking polish, it does look like fish scales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely interesting if nothing else. ;) I'm trying to come up with a good nail art idea for it.

      Delete
  2. Love the 2 glitters. The first polish not really me but it might be fun for a nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Yeah, I can't imagine many people just loving it by itself, but I'm going to try to work with it. ;)

      Delete
  3. When I saw the first picture I thought it looked like 7-up with sugar thrown in so it foams and overflows (yep, I was easily entertained when I was younger) but fish scales is a better description :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! Now I want to toss sugar into 7-up! XD I'm still easily entertained. lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!