Sunday, January 4, 2015

#SBBNailChallenge - Splatter +Mini Haul

OMG!! *falls over* Ever have one of those days where it doesn't seem like you did much of anything, but there's still so much looming and you just feel exhausted for "no good reason"? I'm there.... Fortunately my phone's fortune cookie app had some very appropriate words of wisdom:



If the day wasn't practically over already I would be all over it. Also fortunately, there is always plenty of pretty polish! Today (okay, yesterday) I decided to do #SBBNailChallenge - 40 - Splatter! I was wearing sparkly glitter and the thought occurred to me "fancy mess". I had the fancy glitter, let's mess it up with some fancy chrome!



Today's chrome of choice (since I can actually find stuff now!) is Sally Hansen's Titanium Chrome. I should have foreseen one slight issue... by the time I got one nail splattered, my little chrome puddle would dry up! So... I used a bit more than I had intended. Ah well. Pretty!!



I think this is the first time I've had a splatter mani succumb to the dreaded topcoat-drag... Finished off with a layer of matte. If ya couldn't tell. :p Mostly so I didn't have two different kinds of shine trying to out-shine each other.



Ka-chick! Unless I have another flash of inspiration I'm going to try to come up with a cool idea for #1 - Red. Red. Yup. lol

Funny story! While we were in HEB yesterday Aaron was talking to one of his friends and I wandered off to check for discount polish stuffs. On his way back to find me he ran into our friend Amanda from Game Stop who was bringing up my polish "problem" just as another bottle leapt into my basket...



Butter London Petrol was an amazon order. The SH strips (I believe these kind are stickers) and a backup of Wet n Wild Black Cream (not shown) were on sale and... Sinful Colors Daredevil was the offending jumper. I thought "ooh pink!" (for reasons beyond my imagining) and upon closer inspection "ooh shimmer!" and then next thing I know... *jumps* right into my basket. Which was, of course, accompanied by "see? she can't help herself" and a round of giggles. Ah well... at least I don't smoke crack.

Tomorrow will be Zoya Shawn (omg finally!) followed by a BPS plate review. I've got... three? polish orders coming in at some point here soon so I'm going to have to find a way to work those into the queue. Soon as I get the chance I'll throw together a video of my stash. I... *ahem*... actually had an opportunity the other night and kinda... *ahem*... sat playing Skyrim for several hours instead... oops... So next chance I get I will certainly do that. Hope everybody's had a fabulous weekend. See you tomorrow! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad polishes all over the world are the same... even the online ones just jump into baskets and don't want to come out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe They are pushy little buggers. I suppose they just want to go to happy homes like anybody else.... ;)

      Delete
  2. OMG Put Skyrim down and make a video!!! >_< *flails* Urgh. Yup people love to comment on polish addictions. But LMAO @ 'at least I don't smoke crack' too true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! *FLAILS* I'm gonna... lol Just as soon as the next time Aaron goes out with his friends so I can have a little privacy with my preciousses. ;)

      Delete
    2. hehe don't wanna scare him with all those crazy polish eyes ;)

      Delete
  3. I really like this! I think I'll save this number til spring so I don't have to worry about making a big mess inside, cause I see me making a huge one LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not terribly messy. I just put a paper towel under my hand. Also, if you haven't tried it yet, get your hands on a coffee stirrer. Works way better than a big ol' drinking straw. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eye out for one. :)

      Delete
    3. No problemo! :) I just grabbed a few from the gas station. ;) lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!