Monday, January 19, 2015

#SBBNailChallenge - 2 - Orange +Plus

Okay! Let's see if I can focus long enough to get this up. lol By all rights I should have had this up way earlier. Sorry about that.

I decided to go ahead and turn yesterday's mani (specifically my right hand) into a #SBBNailChallenge mani! For #2: Orange. I think the sorta-ombre-lookin' base makes it count. ;)



Yes, I did have some problems with my topcoat streaking the designs all to hell... Not on all of my nails, though, which is kind of weird.



I think my right thumb there ended up being my favorite.

Even though it doesn't have the multiple oranges, I couldn't just not do my left hand.



I think my left thumb most clearly demonstrates the issues I ran into trying to pull this off:



It's all stringy looking... lol



Ka-chick!

"What sort of issues?" What's that? Oh yeah... well... I had learned previously that these neon oranges don't like to play well with others. Using black and clear combated that quite nicely in the past. However, my Sinful Colors clear did not behave quite as well as the Models Own clear... in fact, my first test with the WnW black resulted in this strangeness:



I have never had polish rings just break apart like that! Also, unlike before, I just could not get the swirl pattern to work! Hence the kind of randomness in the designs. The good news is, I did get it to work (begrudgingly with Camelot). The bad news? I'm not really sure that I like it. It looks really messy...

Okay, first "plus". Remember I mentioned the disappearing Wet n Wilds?



GYAH!! O_O Has anybody else seen this?! Essence, at least, has addressed their empty displays on facebook. I haven't seen anything from the WnW crew...

The second "plus"... OMG EXCITING!!!



*dies* Not only is Models Own releasing 10 true chromes; they're having a 50% off the entire site sale to go along with the release!! *dies* I'm gonna level with you. As of this morning the plan is to get all of the chromes, all of the iced neons and Hayley's Comet because I never see it in stock at Llarowe. That may change as I have ten days to cool down, but... I could also run into some money and end up ordering even more. 50% off!! I just need to figure out what time it will be here when it's 10am in England because the sale is "while supplies last" and there is a ton of interest in the chromes...

Okay, I'm exhausted and the animals are wailing to be fed. lol I haven't decided if I'm going to do Ridley Road tonight or hang on to the water marble for another day. I woke up pretty early so I may pass out pretty early. We'll see. Y'all take care out there and I'll see ya when I see ya! (^_^)"/"

14 comments:

  1. Now this is a look I can TOTALLY see myself wearing (if I ever master the water marble), neon orange and all :) Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ Water marble is not that difficult. Like anything else it just takes a bit of practice. :)

      Delete
  2. FIFTY PERCENT OFF....*head explodes*

    *phew*

    Ackk! Hope you're not losing WnW from your store. Our Walmart got rid of it :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know. I would think if they were going to stop selling it then everything would be on clearance. >_> I dunno. I could ask somebody, but that's rarely as fruitful as it should be. :p

      Delete
  3. Your left thumb design looks like smoke to me--I like it!

    At some of my stores, old WnW is disappearing to make room for the refreshed packaging (Wild Shine polishes, several makeup products I don't tend to notice because they are not polish).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh is that what they're doing? I hope they get to it soon. Something about an empty nail polish display makes me antsy and uncomfortable. lol

      Delete
  4. I think this looks awesome! I quite like the 'stringiness' gives it a very unique look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could give some tips on how to accomplish it, but it was all totally on accident. lol

      Delete
  5. I love it. It looks great the orange and black. I think would be a cool background for a Halloween design too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ Glad you like it. I was definitely thinking something Halloween with this.

      Delete
  6. Awesome, it looks like lava <3 Some top coats smear on me too, it sucks especially with stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ Yeah, it really sucks. :( Especially when things turn out perfect otherwise...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!