Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sally Hansen: Chic Pink +Nail Mail

Yep, more nail mail. lol First, though, let's take a gander at Sally Hansen Chic Pink! Four coats of Chic Pink...

Starting off indoors with flash because that pic came out the best:



So, yeah, four coats and I'm still getting Phantom Dirt Line?! Not super thrilled about that...

Outdoors in the *ahem* setting sun:



Let's just move on.... in the shade:



Overall Chic Pink is a really pretty pink (in most lighting), but the four coats does kinda bum me out. The drying time is kind of a killer, too. I think I waited almost an hour between coats and still got some dents and dings... These Satin Glams really need to be babied.

Nail Mail!! I think I only have one more order coming. lol Today's box of happiness is the January Maven box that I kinda-sorta-but-not-really got tricked into getting. hehehe



Left to right: Tilda (the free metamorphic topcoat that prompted me to get the box), Luna (awesome flakie add-on), Shelly, Janae and Margit. I'll admit, I was a bit bummed by the polish selections this month... until I saw them in person. They're all much prettier (especially Margit) in person. Can't wait to see how that translates onto my nails.

So... tomorrow was supposed to be Iconic, but I think I'm going to play around with my last (for the moment) BPS plate. Going to topcoat Chic Pink first to make sure the images stick. Depending on how it works out I may have that for posting tomorrow... or I may skip tomorrow so I can compile stampy pics for a singular post. We'll see. Looks like I may be able to fit all the designs on both hands and still have it make sense. lol *ahem* Okay, going to start on that and see where it takes me. Y'all take care out there! (^_^)"/"

Oh! For those of you who missed it, Zoya is now shipping direct to Canada! This is good news and bad news because they are tacking on a fee. "'*International processing fee applies for orders outside of the US.International fee includes pre-payment of all duties and miscellaneous fees." <~courtesy of Norma. Even the "free shipping over $50" orders have that fee tacked on. Norma loaded her cart with $70 worth of polish and they added $18.45 for "international processing". So, yeah, if you're direct ordering Zoyas from Canada just make sure you check the total after shipping and fees before completing your order. Just in case. Love you guys!

9 comments:

  1. So pretty but four coats :s
    It's good that Zoya is shipping to Canada but that processing fee is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Here's hoping that eventually enough people will complain or they'll get such an influx of orders that they find a way to do away with it. :/

      Delete
  2. Four coats? Wow... you're way more patient than me!
    It's pretty though, especially the sunset picture :)

    I wonder what fee they'll add if they finally start shipping to Europe.
    Right now a Zoya polish costs me about $15 so it might still be worth it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeesh $15?! That's crazy.... It's so hard to predict whether a company will ship overseas or not. A England used to ship here, but they don't anymore; Models Own and Butter London do, but the shipping is crazy. I dream for a day when all polish is available to everybody for a reasonable price.... *is a dreamer* lol

      Delete
  3. urgh I'm torn. Love that Zoya is finally shipping to us. But an international fee? Really Zoya??? Oh well means I'll order from them less which will be easier on my wallet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Right? And at least now you have an alternative for when NPC doesn't carry something! ^_^

      Delete
  4. That is really pretty, but I don't know that I would have patience to apply 4 coats :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's really off-putting. >_> Definitely worked out better in the water marble.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!