Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Nicole by OPI: That's What I Mint

Hello, lovelies. Hope everyone is well and staying warm. Today we're exploring another gorgeous texture polish, this one highly recommended to me by Norma! *whispers*~ She said I had to get it and I'm kind of afraid to cross her.... *ahem* Turns out she was right! I don't have any other texture polishes anywhere near this color:



This is three coats for opacity. Dried pretty quickly, though I did get some digs in my right hand from taking out the trash. Love the texture, love the sparkle! The name drives me a bit crazy. Were they trying to be ironic? Or, like, maybe someone got confused and said mint but meant this? Hence, the name? I don't know. Here's a shot in the shade:



So pretty. This is another one of those "wet"/jelly looking textures like Julie G Hot Cinnamon. Which just gave me an idea.... *ahem* Here's a close-up. It really does sparkle!



I think I would have named this something about mermaids... Something About Mermaids! Perfect. lol

So I did my water marble testing. Not great, not horrendous. To both compensate for the swirling issues (they all spread perfectly) and give it a proper swatch-link, tomorrow I'll be sporting Wet n Wild Metallica. That will be the base. All of the prospective polishes are pretty shimmery so if they do break apart here and there during the swirling phase... it shouldn't be too big a deal. Norma agrees. SCIENCE!! ....yeah, still not sleeping much. Okay, time to go rotate more laundry in-out of the washing machine. lol Hope everyone is having a great week!! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Lolz yea it bothers me immensely when names of polishes don't match the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially knowing there are probably people out there who have that as their ONLY job! lol

      Delete
  2. I like the blue just the name doesn't match the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Yeah, I think it's going to drive me crazy for a while.

      Delete
  3. Mmm, sparkles. I can't remember if I have this one or not--I'm guessing I do since once I got used to texture I wanted more and more of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe That's how it goes. ;) It's nice to have something different from time to time.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous polish! I'm with ya on the name, def does not fit the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe Glad it's not just me. ;) For a while I was thinking "well... maybe there's some dark green-blue mint I've never heard of..." lol

      Delete
  5. 'whispers*~ She said I had to get it and I'm kind of afraid to cross her...' BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I LOVED this polish (obvi ;) ) but hated the name too. But man oh MAN what a stunner. I remember when I first wore her I was like 'this is a Lizzy colour!' and I was right! *preens*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were totally right! ^_^ Going to have to wear her again in the summer so I can get the full sparkle.

      Delete
    2. OMGGG you will DIE from the sheer beauty of this in the summer!

      Delete
    3. hehehe What a way to go. ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!