Sunday, November 2, 2014

Zoya: Loredana & Rimmel: Disco Fever

Finally getting to these. lol You know I was over the moon when Zoya re-released Loredana and Harlow with their matte velvets this year. I was happy until the "create a color" winner was... of course... another matte velvet. >_< No word on if or when it will be available, but you can bet I'll do what I can to get my hands on it. Ah, but enough of things I don't have, let's get back to ones I do! Loredana is a gorgeous grey matte velvet. Chic, simple and stunning. First in the shade:



This is two super fast drying coats. Clean up was a breeze. Here's a quick look in the sun:



I try not to put too much stock into brands, but Zoya will (likely) always hold a special place in my heart. They're vegan, eco- and animal friendly, I have never had a problem with their formula (discounting a few where the shimmer hid once applied), I love their super skinny brushes, and also this:



I applied Loredana late October 23rd before we left for OKC. This is what it looked like on the 28th when I finally got around to pictures. Almost five full days with only minimal tipwear. That's pretty impressive for a matte! I didn't even wrap my tips. lol

Here is where things start to get interesting. I noticed it on a swatch test and I'm glad it showed with Disco Fever. Loredana holds a bit of a holo secret when shiny!



You'll see it better in a second. lol This is one coat of Disco Fever. I love that Rimmel went with opaque glitters for this one instead of sheer, iridescent ones. Definitely pulls off the disco ball feel.





So many flashy colors! You know I had to get a video. Starting in the shade, then moving into the sun, then extreme close-up. ;)



So freakin' cool!! I found this in a Glitter Bomb display and if you can find it, grab it. Wasn't difficult to remove either, so no worries there. hehehe

Tomorrow I'm going to cheat a little and start with the #SBBNailChallenge at #43 - Oldest Untried. Yep, working my way back to SH Firefly. Hopefully we'll have a bit of sun and I can coax out the duochrome-ness. I will try to dig through my box for something artsy to add so it's not a straight-up swatch. lol Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Take care, y'all! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hehehe Yes @_@ OMG! I put Harlow on my toes the same day I did Loredana and it STILL looks good!! *dies*

      Delete
  2. I like everything about this mani! There is such a difference from leaving the polish in it's natural Matte-ness to when adding a shiny top coat, it's like 2 polishes in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! Now I want to go through and topcoat the rest of the matte velvets. ^_^

      Delete
  3. I like it even if I'm not a fan of matte polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe The bonus with matte polish is you can always add a shiny topcoat! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that glitter, square glitters are my weakness lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp* Then you simply must find this one! ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!