Saturday, November 29, 2014

#SBBNailChallenge: Fun With Holos And Flakies

So the prompt I chose for today's #SBBNailChallenge was 38 - Duochrome, Flakie, Holo. It was like lightning in my brain and I had this awesome idea! Took some corroborating with Norma and we finally came up with a mani that, for once, perfectly reflects my vision! I started with two coats of Color Club Beyond, then I sponged Finger Paints Motley (thanks again to KarenD for this one) to get a good concentration of the flakies by my cuticles. The final result: better than I could have hoped.

Starting in the shade the holo mostly disappears, but the flakies are very prominent:



Then when I move into the sun the flakies take a decisive backseat to the fabulous holo sparkle!



It's like two manis in one! I'm glad I didn't go for all-over flakies, because I think that would have been too much. Like this, though? Best of both worlds.



Ka-chick! hehehe

OMG I have some super fun stuff coming up, again with the help of Norma. Tomorrow I'll have swatches of my remaining Formula X polishes: Voodoo and Maniacal. Then, with luck, Monday I'll finally be able to unveil my hoarded stampings! I am so excited and so happy with how they've all turned out. I can't wait to share. I do hope you'll join me. In the meantime, y'all take care and I hope that each of you has a fantastic weekend. (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. I love love love this!!! You are right, like two manis in one! Can't wait to see your stampings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^ So glad you like it. hehehe I hate to keep teasing, but I think this is some of my best stamping ever!

      Delete
  2. AH i don't know what i love more, holo or flakies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why choose? ^_^ They're both amazing!

      Delete
  3. *nods approval* this is flippin awesome! Love that it's two manis in one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try it! One day when you'll have sun and be outside....

      Delete
    2. OMG LOL Lizzy it's not *that* bad here hahahahahah!

      Delete
    3. LMAO!! You're the one who always says you don't want to spend money on holos because you wouldn't get to properly appreciate them. ;)

      Delete
    4. That's true but that's mainly because I work in an office with no windows lmao

      Delete
    5. lol Exactly. Hence the "outside" part. hehehe

      Delete

I love hearing from you!