Sunday, November 23, 2014

Born Pretty Store Stamping Plate BP-02

Hello, ladies! Today I will be reviewing the Chic Lace Pattern Nail Art Stamp Template Image Plate BORN PRETTY 02. AKA: BPS Stamping Plate BP-02. Sadly, I picked this up on sale for 99cents (regular price $2.99) and it is currently out of stock. Furthermore the item page says "no longer available" and, again, I'm not sure if this is temporary or permanent. As far as I know this is a fairly recent release so I can't imagine why they would discontinue it already. I am confused... Anyway, here's a look at the plate:



I chose this one primarily for the larger patterns, but also because the bottom-left image looks like a doily. I don't have many (if any) designs that look like lace.

To start I alternated the top-left and bottom-right flower images on my left hand. I was hoping to use this for the #SBBNailChallenge, but I don't think they came across as very different.



I did have some problems getting the images to come out crisp. I tried scraping 3-4 times and that helped a bit. I'm not sure if it's the plate itself or if, perhaps, it's time I invested in a metal scraper.

On my right hand I used the bottom-left "doily" design.



This one came out a bit cleaner except where my topcoat tried to smudge it around.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with this plate. The designs are large enough to cover my nails easily and, I think, with a bit more practice/care the images would look much better. Did you pick up Chic Lace Pattern Nail Art Stamp Template Image Plate BORN PRETTY 02 during the 99cent sale? What are your thoughts on it?

4 comments:

  1. Oh god I HATE it when topcoat smudges things
    even just a bit it drives me bonkers and it leaves me debating whether or not I should just remove the entire nail and restart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty awful... >_< Of course if I started over every time I borked a nail, I'd never have a full mani done... lol

      Delete
  2. Oh I hate when the top coat smudges up the lines :(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!