Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Tribute To Narcissism

I'll be honest, by and large I'm not a fan of the way I look. Other people seem to like it well enough, but I've always wished I was cuter. Or, at least, more photogenic. I can clean up okay and try to make myself "human looking" for special occasions, but for the most part I just let it be. That said, I do believe that self-love (to a point) is important for everybody. So every now and then, usually when I have a new hair color or wig, I try to get a few good pictures where I can look at myself and say, "Yeah, okay, I guess I can be pretty". We're all unique and beautiful in our own way and sometimes, I think, it's okay to celebrate that.



Because, if we're being honest here (and I really try to) it doesn't matter if the people that love you tell you you're pretty/handsome because they're biased. Which is good! What matters, though, is being able to see that in yourself, too.



I always catch a lot of flack for not smiling in my selfies. That is because, frankly, I think I look like a goon when I smile.



If you want a toothy grin picture, you'll have to catch that on your own and good luck!!



Cuz that's the best you'll get from me. lol I do like this cool, spiky thing my hair kept doing:



Also rare are pictures where I'm wearing my glasses. Not because I hate them (I love them!), but because they're cracked and always catch a glare.



While I was outside I played around with some of my photo-apps. Here's if I were twins:



Very scary. lol Lastly here's a filter that caught my eye while I was scrolling through:



Kinda looks like I'm stuck in the matrix.

So that's it. Nearly fifty pictures taken and those were the ones that didn't get deleted. Now, sadly, I must venture to the store for dinner and fend off all the people who waited until the last minute to gather their Thanksgiving day fixin's. *sigh* Wish me luck! I'll be back tomorrow with Zoya Rocky!! (^_^)"/"

2 comments:

  1. i love your teeth, btw, but i don't mind if you don't want to smile in pics. makes it more special when you do in RL :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!