Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Long Weekend In Oklahoma City

Hey guys! I'm here. lol For those of you who don't have me on facebook or Instagram: I'm so sorry! XD I was going to put up a quick post that we were going to be gone for the weekend and got so busy!! I'm back now, getting back into my routine, had time to go through the pictures and videos so... here we are. ^_^ Even those of you who are on my facebook/instagram there will be some new stuff in here so sit tight, okay? lol

It all started back at the Cow Town Invitational when both Dustin and Stephanie invited us up to see them (and Boobzilla, David Goliath and Zombie Mike) perform and hang out at The Sanctuary haunted house in Oklahoma City. Of course Aaron got all kinds of excited and vowed to make it happen. Which it did. (I don't think he realizes that this means now I know he can make things happen if he really wants to lol) So after booking a room and making our arrangements for the house we headed off. Bright and early Friday morning.



I have to give a quick shout-out to my wonderful car. My little scootabout. lol We weren't even entirely filled up before we left (I had to drive across town to take my sister to work) and we were maybe half an hour away from OKC before having to put more gas in the tank.



We managed to pull together enough for two nights at a Motel 6. Caught a lot of flack because, "You should have let us know, you could have stayed here" "or here" "or here" lol Everyone was so awesome, but it was nice having our own little place to get out of the way (they all work so hard!) and have a little privacy for *ahem* "adult activities".



Not the most comfortable bed, but something about being in a motel room away from here made me exceptionally horny... *a-HEM* >_> Here's the bathroom:



We had a few hours to kill that first day so I got a lot of pictures of the room... lol



Where I made myself comfortable fairly quickly.



So many pictures...



Some luggage...



And, for those of you that missed it, this is what happens when you have leftover cold cuts and no fridge:



Okay, enough of that. I didn't get a lot of pictures that first night because one of the big rules at The Sanctuary is No Photography, but... apparently that doesn't apply to the outside of the building. :p Now I know. I did get a pic of this skyscraper:



Here are the heads Aaron made for Zombie Mike (on the left) and The Oh No! Variety Show crew (on the right):



Both were very well received. About halfway through the night Aaron managed to make his way to the makeup room...



I feel bad because they did a suspension the first night and... I can't remember this girl's name. She was hilarious and friendly and all I can remember is her saying over and over "I'm the hooker". lol She did great, though!





We got to go through the haunt twice and OMG if you ever get the chance (it changes every year!) you have to go. The first time we were behind some Asian (they didn't say, we didn't ask and I'm not gonna make a racist guess) tourists and they were the best! XD So into it. The second time we got to go through with the sideshow peeps and it was great being able to take our time and notice different stuff we missed the first time through. The experience was different, though, and I did get scared a few times on the second run. We also got to meet some people from The Freakshow Deluxe. Haven't gotten to see them perform yet, but they were all super amazing and friendly, too. Getting to see them perform is definitely on our to-do list. After everything wrapped up we went and hung out at Zombie Mike's with him, Boobzilla, David Goliath and Scott (you'll meet him shortly) for a while. Made a quick run to Walmart before heading back and ended up on the freakin' turnpike stuck at a toll road... that only took change... Fortunately we did find some, but we had a good five minute panic of "OMG WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!?!?" (seriously, upgrade to the picture taking kind like we have in Texas lol) Didn't get back to the room 'til almost four in the morning.

Saturday we woke up fairly early. In the interest of giving everyone else a chance to wake up (one of our top priorities was "let's not be a couple of pests") we decided to venture out in search of a lunch that wasn't cold cuts or lunchables. Which of course started an almost hour long search for a Burger King. The stupid mobile site said "hey there's four and one is kinda close" but when I tapped the pointer it wouldn't give me an address! >_< So I marked something that looked like it was in the general vicinity and we drove around the area until finally we found it.



Of course after we found it, it started showing up on the GPS... and we ended up actually passing it four times afterwards. lol While Aaron was trying to get ahold of everybody to see what the plans were, we managed to (much more easily) make our way to the Halloween Warehouse for some supplies.



I gotta say, I love how excited everyone in Oklahoma seemed about Halloween. Down here? OMG You walk through the Halloween section of anywhere and it's like impending doom. Not so up there.

Made our way back to Mike's for a bit then headed back towards The Sanctuary. Got sent off (nicely) for batteries on the way and still managed to make it back in time! Despite not having any idea where we were, let alone where anything else was. lol (Aaron worked the gps like a freakin' boss, y'all) This time he did makeup for almost everybody performing. Starting with The Amazing Boobzilla:





Followed by Zombie Mike:





Then David the Goliath:





There was a small break for him, during which I caught this pic of Zombie Mike playing around by the cars:



Then Scott asked if Aaron would make him up, too:





Of course he would. lol Then he went and made himself up so he and Scott (aka: Zombie Bait) could go up and down the (massive) line entertaining/scaring people.





Video time! Yes, by the second day I was informed "Yes, you can take pictures/videos outside the attraction" and it helps them share what they do so I got what I could. Some of them are hard to see because they're mostly backlit and my phone didn't appreciate that very much.

The Captain and Stephanie had their daughter (who is absolutely adorable, btw) there and let her be a part of the show. Here she is standing on Stephanie while she lays on a bed of nails:



This time she's on The Captain's back while he stands, and does squats, on a bed of nails:



Here we have Boobzilla snapping one of those old-school animal traps (like the kind they use in cartoons) onto her tongue:



Ouch!

Zombie Mike had an electrified platform he stood on and would light up lightbulbs and zap people. Very cool in real life, but since they turned out the lights for it... I wasn't able to capture much:





I feel so bad because I missed capturing him at Immersed, too... I suck...

I did catch Boobzilla breathing fire:



Twice!



And David the Goliath crackin' his whip.



There was also this cat wandering around. No worries, the cup was checked to make sure it was water.



We did leave a little earlier Saturday night to make sure we got to bed early enough for the next day's checkout.



Aw... Swung by the nearby Love's to gas up while Aaron tried to get ahold of everybody.



Glad we got out early and didn't push it because everybody else had a long night. So we decided to take the time for pictures! Here's the massive spider they attach to the roller coaster at Frontier City for their Fright Fest.



Got a picture of some red dirt.



This fairly big zen sculpture on the street corner:



And because we don't have them here anymore and they were everywhere in Oklahoma... a Circle K. (It's funny because of Bill & Ted lol)



We didn't get to go by The Captain's tattoo shop while anybody was there, but Aaron wanted to see it anyway.



Which worked out well because it put us in the general vicinity of Dustin & Steph's for the barbeque! ^_^ Another super amazing time just hanging out with everybody from the shop, Captain's Sideshow, Oh No and Freakshow Deluxe. We weren't going to stay long because we had a six hour drive back ahead of us, but Aaron managed to push it almost three hours all the same. lol Which was fine. I didn't really want to leave either. We made it home safe and sound around 10:30ish and that wasn't too bad either. I was totally wiped and it didn't occur to me to get a "we made it back" selfie with him. Ah well. We're definitely making the trip up again next year. I'll just get it then. For being our first trip out of state together, I don't think it could have gone any better. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We're still amazed at how nice and genuine everybody is! I'm still a bit worn out from all of the driving and excitement, but I also have some polish pictures stored up so there's a fairly good chance I'll have a polish post tomorrow. I will try. Hope everyone is having a terrific week! (^_^)"/"

7 comments:

  1. such a fun time :) i am endlessly jelly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jelly you get to go to Germany! So I guess that makes us even. ;)

      Delete
  2. So glad you guys had a good trip! We have circle K up here too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *GASP!!* I guess we're the only ones that don't... LOL

      Delete
    2. LOL! BUT you guys have Whataburger! Urgh I'm so Jelly!! If it were possible to get you to ship me some burgers and not have them be all rotten I'd totally ask (stoopid lack of Star Trek-esque transporters)

      Delete
    3. GYAH! "\"(>_<)"/" Life will be so much easier when we have teleporters...

      Delete

I love hearing from you!