Monday, September 8, 2014

Reciprocal Gradient Stripes

Hello, lovelies! *MWAH* So today I've got my stripes in the form of reciprocal gradient.



Same colors as yesterday. I think this came out really well. I think 4 stripes would have looked a little better from a... balanced-look standpoint, but I don't think I could have physically managed that. As good as I did (if I do say so myself) I think that this ended up a bit too red for my taste.

I did have to grab my Polish Yer Hooves topcoat bottle for pics because I don't know if I've mentioned it before (I may have), but it really surprised me by how well it managed all of this sponging.


I thought I was doing really good with not getting bubbles, which I usually do because the sponging ends up going on so thick... then of course I got bubbles all in my pinkie. You can still kind of see the spots where the bubbles were but this stuff (I believe it's the Moo-boo fixer) created such a smooth finish between the spongey parts, bubbling and the parts where the striping tape used to be. Also, it is a bit pink toned in the bottle, but you can see the white is still white. Yay! (yeah, the top spongey part is a bit pink, try looking at the white-line parts lol)



I need to dig through my box-o-tricks because I think I may have decided on a book mani. I just have to find the right decals. That last block is going to be the hardest for me. I have never been good at "take this and make your own" stuff. I mean... the thing is what it is... Anywho, I'll start brainstorming here soon. That said I'm about ready to get all this red off and try to come up with something else... lol Even at my lax, random pace this is proving to be somewhat difficult. Hope everyone has had a fantastic start to their week. Happy Polishing, y'all! (^_^)"/"

10 comments:

  1. OMG this looks amazing! I could never mastered this look :) *gives mad props*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Thank you!! :D I bet you could do it, though. *blushes* The hardest part is getting the stupid striping tape to stick. lol

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! I would not have even noticed the bubbles if you had not pointed them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! hehehe Yeah, it's kind of a catch-22. Point it out myself when things are probably going to be overlooked, or don't mention it and then people are all >_>. *shrugs* Glad ya like it! ^_^

      Delete
  3. This is one of my fave techniques, so simple for what you can achieve!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Just combine two super easy techniques, but the end result is amazing! ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing from you!