Thursday, September 25, 2014

China Glaze: Party Fowl +Updates

Hey, everybody! I'm alive. I meant to check in a bit more frequently, but ZOMG.... *dies* I think I sort of sabotaged myself when I decided to do my Sims Legacy challenge on facebook instead of blogging it like a story... but I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's get the polish out of the way so those of you that don't care about my pathetic little life can move on with yours. ^_^



This is one coat of Party Fowl over two coats of Dorian Gray. Party Fowl is jam packed with blue, orange and black bar glitters. It's this triple color combo that has made it so hard to pick base colors for these On The Horizon polishes. I think I'm going to go with a lighter grey for Flock Together.



This is after two layers of topcoat and they're still not 100% smooth. Close enough, though, if you're not terribly picky about a glass-like finish.

So... yeah... I've been Simming a lot. lol The Legacy Challenge really renewed my interest since, being the base game, Sims 4 doesn't really have all that much to do. I was hoping that the unlockables were going to transfer, but they're household specific so... that sucks. In a lot of ways it's like an upgraded version of Sims 2 which I do kind of like. The open world of Sims 3 was amazing, but rough on my computer and it was difficult to keep track of everybody. I think with the world broken up into sections that they'll be able to add "towns" and features much more easily. In Sims 3 if you wanted one of every new building you had to build your own world and make a ton of lots and... yeah... game crashes are all but inevitable by that point. So I'm looking forward to not having to compromise or decide which buildings are more important to me.

I've also been working on my Moxxie costume for the Pre-Sequel release. That's been a little more difficult than I originally thought it would be. Mostly due to the sewing maching crapping out on me and having to learn a "new" (I think it's slightly less old than the other one) one. I do have most of my accessories and will post pictures once I'm just a wee bit closer to completion. Right now it just kind of looks like a ratty, purple nothing. LOL

I'll try to post before then, but October 4th we're going to Ft Worth for the Cow Town Tattoo Expo. I'm not doing anything special for it other than trying to put some money together so we can print out our tickets...

Looks like he's ready to go out so I better get dressed. lol Y'all take care and I will try to check in more often. (^_^)"/"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!