Friday, July 18, 2014

Zoya: Cosmo

When the Magical PixieDust line was initially released... I was apprehensive. To say the least. I like the original PixieDust formula and if it's not broke, don't fix it. Right? Still, for $4 I could give them a try. I mean, I am open minded when it comes to texture.



Here's the thing... If you like the original PixieDusts, don't automatically assume you'll like the Magical ones. Due to the bigger glitters coverage is not easy to obtain and even after three coats there are still parts where I can see my naked nails peeking out from underneath.



If you really want to know the stone-cold truth of the matter: Cosmo has the exact same texture as There's Snow One Like You! You know, that polish everybody hates. Except that Cosmo comes with a holo sparkle- it's the same texture formula.



I don't want you to walk away thinking I hate Cosmo. I don't really... I guess I just don't see the point when there are still so many color possibilities for the regular PixieDusts which are stellar polishes! (Hello! Neon!) I do like the "Magical" sparkle and super quick dry time, but... I think I'll finish off my regular PixieDust collection (even though I think I just have a couple of oranges left to get) before delving into the rest of the Magical ones. Maybe Vega will work out better. *shrugs*

I may or may not take a small blog break tomorrow. It seems like there's so much going on I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed. Whenever I do come back (which may be tomorrow, I do like it here) I will finally have China Glaze Cherish for you, and an update on whether or not Cosmo was a pain to remove. Coming up very soon I will do an in-depth post on the eyeshadow-as-hair chalk thing because ZOMG! It lasted for 23 hours! It did fade after a while, but was still noticeable. Which is way cool. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! (^_^)"/"

6 comments:

  1. I thought about getting one of these from that sale but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I think it looks really pretty on you. I am curious to know if it is a pain to remove. Enjoy your blogging break, I'll be lurking around waiting for you to return :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help it. Karen D's swatches were so pretty and I figured "now or never". lol They weren't too difficult to remove. A little harder than regular textures, but still easier than regular glitter.

      Delete
  2. You know what's interesting? Everyone hated the Ch G, but this...THIS is Zoya (!) so I haven't heard a bad thing about it. Just makes me think some people are followers and can't come to their own conclusion, you know? Why did the Ch G get nothing but hate while this is loved? Lame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super lame. They're probably distracted by all of the pretty sparkles. lol

      Delete
    2. It's definitely the sparkles. Snow One Like You was not so sparkly, leaving the texture to be the main topic of conversation. I agree Zoya should focus on the "normal" PixieDust line instead of these chunkier ones (though I do like the chunkies with a a topcoat, preferably one that adds even more glitter).

      Delete
    3. Yes! Leave the bigger chunks in a topcoat. I don't hate this, but.... yeah. >_> They already have such a good thing going.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!