Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WBW: Not-Quite Neon Textured Funky French

Before I get started, y'all should pop over to Nail Polish Canada and vote for Norma's awesome summer water marble! The voting system is a little wonky and she's not in the drop-down menu so I just entered "16. Fun Summer Water Marble" and her pinterest url under "other". Go show some love! hehehe

*ahem* So fans (Norma and Sandy) were clamoring for neon and... I tried. lol I had this idea in my head, but it's nowhere near as eye-searingly bright as I had hoped it would be. Which is kind of insane because all of these colors seem much brighter on their own!



Also, I had color-matching problems. lol If they had all turned out off-set or all dead-on I think I would like this much better. Here's what I used:



Uhm... I'll go from thumb to pinky... *ahem* Pool Party with Bumb & Grind, Towel Boy Toy with Of Coarse!, Papaya Punch with Toe-Tally Textured, Def Defying with In The Rough and Sun Of A Peach with Itty, Bitty & Gritty.



Not a bad effort, I suppose, but the inconsistency really bugs me. lol Also, I think having to remove so much polish from the brush for the tips really affected the texture. The only one that came out really textury was Of Coarse! because that one had clumps of the texture stuff stuck in the neck for some reason...



So there you have it. I hope it's not a total disappointment. lol

Depending on how much I like this (or don't) by the end of the day will determine if I have King Of Greens tomorrow, or this again with some extra arts crammed into it. For now I'm going to go start on the yard before it overtakes the house. I'll catch up on y'all's blogs next moment I get. *HUGS* Take care, everybody, and have a great week! (^_^)"/"

12 comments:

  1. Wow Lizzy love this super colourful funky manicure!!! It makes me happy! O_o
    A big kiss
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thanks!! ^_^ Glad you enjoy it so much.

      Delete
  2. I really like this! Love your combos on your ring and little finger in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, those seem to be the favorites all around. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh this is fun, I like how the four fingers (not the thumb) turned out lol, sorry thumb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor thumb! LOL I had frenching issues with the both of them. >_>

      Delete
  4. Yaay a plug! Thank you! "\"^_^"/" I really like these skittles. Weird they seemed less bright next to each other though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that weird? LOL I seem to remember at least three of them being crazy bright all on their own... >_>

      Delete
    2. Right? I know for SURE Pool Party and Sun of a peach are crazy bright...

      Delete
  5. I like them. I think the colour look great together too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!